• Salt and pepper to taste
For Serving:
  • Corn or flour tortillas
  • Chopped cilantro
  • Diced onion
  • Crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese
  • Lime wedges
  • Sliced avocado or guacamole
  • Sour cream or Mexican crema (optional)
  • Hot sauce (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
  2. Stir in the chopped chipotle peppers, diced tomatoes (with their juices), oregano, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together and the sauce to slightly thicken.
  3. Add the shredded chicken to the skillet, stirring to coat it evenly with the sauce. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through and infused with the flavors of the sauce. If the mixture becomes too dry, you can add a splash of chicken broth or water.
  4. Once the chicken tinga is ready, remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
  5. Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave until soft and pliable.
  6. To assemble the tacos, place a spoonful of the chicken tinga mixture onto each tortilla. Top with chopped cilantro, diced onion, crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese, and a squeeze of lime juice.
  7. Serve the tacos with sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream or Mexican crema, and hot sauce on the side, if desired.
  8. Enjoy your delicious Chicken Tinga Tacos!
Feel free to adjust the spiciness level by adding more or less chipotle peppers according to your preference.

I love the combination of flavors in tinga, especially with the tender chicken and smoky chipotle. Have you ever tried adding any unique toppings or salsas to complement the tangy chicken tinga filling? Thanks for sharing your recipe—I'm definitely adding it to my list of must-try tacos!

Wow, these Chicken Tinga Tacos look so delicious and healthy! I love that they're packed with flavor but still on the lighter side. I can already imagine the aroma in the kitchen while cooking this up! 😋

Back