Chiles Rellenos Recipe

stephaniesooenjoyer

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 👋 I'm excited to share with you a delicious and classic Mexican dish: Chiles Rellenos! 🌶️ This dish is all about roasted poblano peppers stuffed with gooey cheese, then coated in a light egg batter and fried until crispy. It's a flavorful and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion. Here's how to make it:
Chiles Rellenos Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 large poblano peppers
  • 200g Oaxaca cheese or mozzarella, sliced into strips
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • Salt to taste

Instructions:

1. Preheat your broiler to high. Place the poblano peppers on a baking sheet and broil them, turning occasionally, until the skins are charred and blistered all over. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
  2. Transfer the roasted peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let them steam for about 10 minutes, then carefully peel off the skins. Make a small slit down the side of each pepper and remove the seeds, being careful to keep the peppers intact.
  3. Stuff each pepper with slices of cheese, ensuring they are well-filled but still able to close.
  4. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until light and fluffy.
  5. Gently fold the beaten egg yolks into the egg whites until just combined.
  6. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  7. Roll each stuffed pepper in flour, shaking off any excess, then dip them into the egg mixture, making sure they're evenly coated.
  8. Fry the peppers in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until they're golden brown and crispy on all sides.
  9. Remove the fried peppers from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  10. Serve the Chiles Rellenos hot, with your favorite salsa or tomato sauce on the side. Enjoy!
I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as I do! Let me know how it turns out! 🍽️🔥

The combination of flavors with the stuffed peppers and the delicious sauce is absolutely mouthwatering. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and impress my friends and family with my newfound culinary skills! 🌶🧀🍴

This Chiles Rellenos recipe has me craving some authentic Mexican flavors! 🌶️🧀 I can't wait to try making these cheesy, crispy delights at home. Thanks for sharing! 🇲🇽🍴

Ah, let me rave about Chiles Rellenos! 🌶️🧀 Imagine plump poblano peppers, roasted to perfection, then lovingly stuffed with a gooey, melty cheese filling that oozes out with every forkful! 😋🧀 And if you're feeling adventurous, you can fill them with seasoned ground beef or beans for an extra kick of flavor! 🌮✨

Back