Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart

chimam

Culinary Explorer
Hey, peeps! Are you looking for a new tasty recipe for your tart? I will share you my recipe for my not so sweet Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart. If you love chocolate and caramel combo then this is for you! 😋😉👌

Ingredients:​

For the crust:​

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tablespoons ice water

For the filling:​

• 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the crust:​

1. In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, and salt until combined.
  2. Add the cold butter cubes and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and ice water. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, pulsing until the dough comes together.
  4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently until smooth. Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven:​

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).

3. Roll out the dough:​

1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough into a circle slightly larger than your tart pan.
  2. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing it gently into the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim any excess dough.

4. Blind bake the crust:​

1. Line the crust with parchment paper or aluminum foil and fill it with pie weights or dried beans.
  2. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
  3. Remove the parchment paper and pie weights, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.

5. Prepare the filling:​

1. Spread the chopped pecans evenly over the bottom of the pre-baked crust.
  2. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
  4. Remove the caramel mixture from the heat and pour it over the pecans in the tart crust.
  5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the caramel layer.

6. Bake the tart:​

1. Return the assembled tart to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate is melted and bubbly.
  2. Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.

7. Serve:​

1. Once cooled, carefully remove the tart from the pan and transfer it to a serving plate.
  2. Slice the tart into wedges and serve at room temperature.
Enjoy this decadent Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart! It's perfect for your family dinner or any special occasions or whenever you're craving something indulgent. 😋😉👌

pecan pie.jpg

OMG yesss to this Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart :love:😋 The perfect treat for anyone who loves chocolate & caramel, but not too sweet .. This is going on my baking list ASAP! ✔️

The combination of rich chocolate, gooey caramel, and crunchy pecans is simply irresistible. 🍫😋It's the perfect dessert for any occasion, from elegant dinner parties to cozy family gatherings. Plus, the tart crust adds a delightful contrast in texture. I can already imagine the heavenly aroma wafting from the oven as it bakes. Thanks for sharing this decadent treat! 🥧🎉

This Chocolate Caramel Pecan Tart looks absolutely divine! 🍫😍 Can't resist a good dessert recipe like this. Thanks for sharing the sweetness!

Back