Ciabatta Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!
I recently tried my hand at making ciabatta at home and it turned out amazing! Thought I'd share the recipe here. It's a bit time-consuming but totally worth it. Here’s how you can make your own delicious ciabatta bread:
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups water, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 packet)
  • Cornmeal (for dusting)
Instructions:
  1. Activate the Yeast:In a small bowl, mix the yeast, sugar, and 1/4 cup of the water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until frothy.
  2. Make the Dough:In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture, olive oil, and the remaining water. Mix until the dough starts to come together. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook or do it by hand.
  3. Knead the Dough:Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. It should be slightly sticky but not too wet.
  4. First Rise:Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
  5. Shape the Loaves:Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Divide it into two pieces and shape each piece into a rough oval or rectangle. Place the loaves on a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
  6. Second Rise:Cover the loaves with a damp cloth and let them rise again for about 45 minutes.
  7. Preheat the Oven:Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a baking stone or an inverted baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
  8. Bake the Bread:Transfer the loaves to the hot baking stone or sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  9. Cool:Let the loaves cool on a wire rack before slicing.
    Ciabatta Recipe.jpg
The result is a wonderfully crispy crust with a chewy, airy interior. Perfect for sandwiches or just dipping in olive oil. Let me know if you give it a try or have any tips to share!
Happy baking! 🍞✨

This ciabatta recipe looks absolutely amazing! 🥖 The crumb looks perfectly airy and light, and that crust is just begging to be torn into. Can't wait to try it myself! 🍞👌

Hey everyone!
I recently tried my hand at making ciabatta at home and it turned out amazing! Thought I'd share the recipe here. It's a bit time-consuming but totally worth it. Here’s how you can make your own delicious ciabatta bread:
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 cups water, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 packet)
  • Cornmeal (for dusting)
Instructions:
  1. Activate the Yeast:In a small bowl, mix the yeast, sugar, and 1/4 cup of the water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until frothy.
  2. Make the Dough:In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture, olive oil, and the remaining water. Mix until the dough starts to come together. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook or do it by hand.
  3. Knead the Dough:Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. It should be slightly sticky but not too wet.
  4. First Rise:Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
  5. Shape the Loaves:Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Divide it into two pieces and shape each piece into a rough oval or rectangle. Place the loaves on a baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
  6. Second Rise:Cover the loaves with a damp cloth and let them rise again for about 45 minutes.
  7. Preheat the Oven:Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a baking stone or an inverted baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
  8. Bake the Bread:Transfer the loaves to the hot baking stone or sheet. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  9. Cool:Let the loaves cool on a wire rack before slicing.View attachment 5201
The result is a wonderfully crispy crust with a chewy, airy interior. Perfect for sandwiches or just dipping in olive oil. Let me know if you give it a try or have any tips to share!
Happy baking! 🍞✨
Ciabatta is such a great bread with that perfect crust and airy inside! Can’t wait to try baking it myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🥖✨

Back