Classic French Macarons

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my favorite macaron recipe with you all. I’ve tried a few different ones over the years, but this one has consistently given me the best results. It’s a bit of a labor of love, but the end result is so worth it! 🌟

Ingredients:

For the shells:

• 1 3/4 cups (175g) powdered sugar
  • 1 cup (100g) almond flour
  • 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or any other flavoring you like)
  • Gel food coloring (optional)
For the filling:

• 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups (190g) powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tbsp heavy cream (as needed for consistency)
Instructions:

1. Prep Your Ingredients:
    • Sift the powdered sugar and almond flour together into a bowl. This step is crucial for getting that smooth macaron texture.
  2. Make the Meringue:
    • In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, and then increase the speed to high. Whip until you get stiff, glossy peaks. If you’re using food coloring, add it now along with the vanilla extract.
  3. Combine:
    • Gently fold the dry ingredients into the meringue in batches. Use a spatula and a gentle hand to fold until the batter flows like lava. It should fall off the spatula in a thick ribbon.
  4. Pipe the Macarons:
    • Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe small circles (about 1 inch in diameter) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tap the baking sheet firmly against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
  5. Rest:
    • Let the piped macarons sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes until they form a skin and are no longer sticky to the touch. This step helps create that classic macaron “foot” during baking.
  6. Bake:
    • Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Bake the macarons for 15-18 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. They’re done when they can be easily lifted off the parchment paper without sticking.
  7. Cool:
    • Allow the macarons to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them.
  8. Make the Filling:
    • While the macarons are cooling, prepare the filling. Beat the butter until creamy, then gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add heavy cream as needed to reach your desired consistency.
  9. Assemble:
    • Pair up the macaron shells by size. Pipe a small amount of filling onto one shell, then sandwich with another shell. Gently press to spread the filling to the edges.
  10. Enjoy:
    • Store the macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Bring to room temperature before eating.
I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as I do! If anyone has any tips or their own favorite variations, I’d love to hear about them.

Classic French Macarons.jpg

Oh, Classic French Macarons! 🇫🇷😍 They're like tiny bites of heaven. Yours look so perfectly delicate and delicious—I'm inspired to give them a try myself!

Yes,!! Classic French macarons are so delightful! 🥲Their delicate texture and wide range of flavors make them a popular treat for many and I'm surely one of them😁😁

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my favorite macaron recipe with you all. I’ve tried a few different ones over the years, but this one has consistently given me the best results. It’s a bit of a labor of love, but the end result is so worth it! 🌟

Ingredients:

For the shells:

• 1 3/4 cups (175g) powdered sugar
  • 1 cup (100g) almond flour
  • 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or any other flavoring you like)
  • Gel food coloring (optional)
For the filling:

• 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups (190g) powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tbsp heavy cream (as needed for consistency)
Instructions:

1. Prep Your Ingredients:
    • Sift the powdered sugar and almond flour together into a bowl. This step is crucial for getting that smooth macaron texture.
  2. Make the Meringue:
    • In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, and then increase the speed to high. Whip until you get stiff, glossy peaks. If you’re using food coloring, add it now along with the vanilla extract.
  3. Combine:
    • Gently fold the dry ingredients into the meringue in batches. Use a spatula and a gentle hand to fold until the batter flows like lava. It should fall off the spatula in a thick ribbon.
  4. Pipe the Macarons:
    • Transfer the batter to a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe small circles (about 1 inch in diameter) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tap the baking sheet firmly against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
  5. Rest:
    • Let the piped macarons sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes until they form a skin and are no longer sticky to the touch. This step helps create that classic macaron “foot” during baking.
  6. Bake:
    • Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C). Bake the macarons for 15-18 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. They’re done when they can be easily lifted off the parchment paper without sticking.
  7. Cool:
    • Allow the macarons to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them.
  8. Make the Filling:
    • While the macarons are cooling, prepare the filling. Beat the butter until creamy, then gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add heavy cream as needed to reach your desired consistency.
  9. Assemble:
    • Pair up the macaron shells by size. Pipe a small amount of filling onto one shell, then sandwich with another shell. Gently press to spread the filling to the edges.
  10. Enjoy:
    • Store the macarons in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Bring to room temperature before eating.
I hope you give this recipe a try and love it as much as I do! If anyone has any tips or their own favorite variations, I’d love to hear about them.

View attachment 4098
I've always wanted to try making French macarons at home! Your recipe looks so elegant. Can't wait to give it a shot this weekend! 🌟

Wow, that's yummy! These macarons sound like a perfect balance of delicate, sweet, and deliciously indulgent flavors. 🍬🌈 I can't wait to try making these at home and enjoy them with a cup of tea. ☕🍰

Back