Classic Mint Julep Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! With the weather heating up, I thought I'd share one of my all-time favorite summer cocktails: the Classic Mint Julep. It's super refreshing and perfect for sipping on a hot day.

Ingredients:

• 2 oz bourbon
  • 1/2 oz simple syrup (or 1 teaspoon sugar)
  • 8-10 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
  • Crushed ice
  • Mint sprig for garnish
Instructions:

1. Muddle the Mint: In a julep cup (or any glass, really), gently muddle the mint leaves with the simple syrup. Be careful not to tear the leaves too much; you just want to release the oils.
  2. Add Bourbon: Pour in the bourbon over the mint and syrup mixture.
  3. Fill with Ice: Fill the cup with crushed ice. The more ice, the better – it keeps the drink nice and cold.
  4. Stir: Stir the drink until the cup gets frosty on the outside. This means the ingredients are well mixed and the drink is super chilled.
  5. Garnish: Top it off with a sprig of fresh mint for that classic look and extra minty aroma.
  6. Enjoy! Sip slowly and savor the refreshing, minty goodness. Perfect for a lazy afternoon on the porch. 🌞
    Classic Mint Julep Recipe.jpg
I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any tips to make it even better. Cheers! 🥂

This Classic Mint Julep looks so refreshing! 🍃🥃 Perfect for sipping on a warm day. I can almost taste the minty goodness! Cheers! ✨

A classic mint julep is the perfect refreshing cocktail! 🍃🥃 Do you muddle the mint leaves just enough to release their flavor without overpowering the drink? It’s all about that balance!

Back