Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce

Kardel

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm thrilled to share my recipe for Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce, a delightful dish that combines crispy coconut-coated shrimp with a tangy and sweet pineapple-chili dipping sauce. These crunchy shrimp are sure to be a hit with friends and family, and the homemade pineapple-chili sauce adds a refreshing kick that will keep you coming back for more. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy the tropical goodness of these Coconut-Crusted Shrimp together!
2875×2277
182.5 kB

Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pine.jpg

Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce Recipe:

Ingredients:For the coconut-crusted shrimp:

• 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
For the pineapple-chili sauce:

• 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
  • 1-2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Start by preparing the pineapple-chili sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the pineapple chunks, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and set aside.
  2. Next, prepare the coconut-crusted shrimp. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
  3. In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, beaten eggs, and a mixture of shredded coconut and panko breadcrumbs.
  4. Dredge each shrimp in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat it in the coconut-panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the coated shrimp in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Be careful not to overcrowd the skillet.
  6. Once cooked, transfer the shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the coconut-crusted shrimp hot with the pineapple-chili sauce on the side for dipping.
  8. Enjoy these irresistible Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce as an appetizer or main course!

Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce? Oh, you're in for a treat! It's like a party on your plate! Seriously, this recipe's a winner for impressing guests or just treating yourself to a taste of paradise. You'll be hooked after one bite! 🍤🍍🌶️

Oh my goodness, this Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Pineapple-Chili Sauce looks absolutely divine! 😍🌴 I can practically taste the crispy coconut coating paired with that sweet and tangy pineapple-chili sauce - what a flavor combo! 🤤🍍 Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to give it a try!

Back