Cold Brew Recipe

Oniokitty

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! I've been experimenting with making my own cold brew coffee at home, and I wanted to share this super simple recipe with you all. Here's how I make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup coarsely ground coffee beans (use your favorite roast)
  • 4 cups cold water
Instructions:
  1. In a large container or pitcher, combine the coarsely ground coffee beans and cold water.
  2. Stir gently to ensure all the coffee grounds are saturated with water.
  3. Cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap and let it steep at room temperature for 12-24 hours. The longer you steep, the stronger the coffee will be.
  4. After steeping, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, cheesecloth, or a coffee filter into another clean container or pitcher. You can also use a French press for easy filtering.
  5. Dilute the cold brew concentrate with water or milk to your desired strength when serving. Start with a 1:1 ratio of concentrate to water or milk and adjust according to taste.
  6. Serve over ice and enjoy your smooth and refreshing homemade cold brew coffee!
    Cold Brew Recipe.jpg
I find that making cold brew at home is not only cost-effective but also allows me to customize the strength and flavor exactly how I like it. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Back