Conchas Recipe

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Just tried out this amazing Conchas recipe and I'm hooked! These Mexican sweet buns are pure delight—soft, fluffy, with a delightful crunch on top 😋. They're perfect for brunch or whenever you're craving something sweet! #Delicious #MexicanBakery #MustTry

Conchas Recipe
Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
Streusel:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, ground
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons 2% milk
Conchas Recipe (1).jpg

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and 2 cups of flour.
  2. In a small saucepan, warm the milk and butter to 120°-130°F. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
  3. Add the eggs and beat on high for another 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough (the dough will be sticky).
  4. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
  5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning it once to grease the top. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
  6. Meanwhile, to make the streusel, in a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, flour, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Divide this mixture in half. Stir the ground chocolate into one half and set it aside.
  7. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and divide it into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 3-inch oval and place them 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
  8. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Brush this mixture over the dough.
  9. Divide the plain streusel mixture into 6 portions and roll each into a 3-inch circle. Place half of these circles over half of the dough ovals. Repeat this process with the chocolate streusel and the remaining dough ovals.
  10. Using a sharp knife, cut through the streusel on top of the rolls to create a clamshell pattern.
  11. Cover the rolls with kitchen towels and let them rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
  12. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the rolls with the remaining egg wash and bake them until the tops are lightly browned, approximately 15-20 minutes.
  13. Transfer the baked conchas to a wire rack to cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tips:
  • The toppings on conchas create a crispy crust, similar to unbaked macaroons. You can also add food coloring to the plain streusel for different occasions.
  • Conchas can be shaped and cut into various shapes and grooves.
  • Conchas are freezer-safe for a few months. Thaw them on a baking sheet and reheat them in foil in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.

PS: I've been totally immersed in this Conchas journey, and let me tell you, it's been pure joy! These Mexican sweet buns are like bites of sunshine. They're soft, airy, and that sugary crunch on top? Perfection! 😋 Whether you're starting your day or need a little pick-me-up, these treats are guaranteed to hit the spot every time!

I totally agree, these sweet buns are a game-changer. I tried a similar recipe recently, and they were a hit with my family. That crunchy top paired with the soft, fluffy inside is just heavenly. Have you experimented with any different flavors for the streusel? I added a bit of orange zest to the plain one last time, and it was amazing! 😋✨👌

Hey everyone! Just tried out this amazing Conchas recipe and I'm hooked! These Mexican sweet buns are pure delight—soft, fluffy, with a delightful crunch on top 😋. They're perfect for brunch or whenever you're craving something sweet! #Delicious #MexicanBakery #MustTry

Conchas Recipe
Ingredients:

• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
Streusel:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, ground
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons 2% milk
View attachment 3226

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, and 2 cups of flour.
  2. In a small saucepan, warm the milk and butter to 120°-130°F. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
  3. Add the eggs and beat on high for another 2 minutes. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough (the dough will be sticky).
  4. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
  5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning it once to grease the top. Cover and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
  6. Meanwhile, to make the streusel, in a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, flour, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Divide this mixture in half. Stir the ground chocolate into one half and set it aside.
  7. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and divide it into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 3-inch oval and place them 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
  8. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Brush this mixture over the dough.
  9. Divide the plain streusel mixture into 6 portions and roll each into a 3-inch circle. Place half of these circles over half of the dough ovals. Repeat this process with the chocolate streusel and the remaining dough ovals.
  10. Using a sharp knife, cut through the streusel on top of the rolls to create a clamshell pattern.
  11. Cover the rolls with kitchen towels and let them rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
  12. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the rolls with the remaining egg wash and bake them until the tops are lightly browned, approximately 15-20 minutes.
  13. Transfer the baked conchas to a wire rack to cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tips:
  • The toppings on conchas create a crispy crust, similar to unbaked macaroons. You can also add food coloring to the plain streusel for different occasions.
  • Conchas can be shaped and cut into various shapes and grooves.
  • Conchas are freezer-safe for a few months. Thaw them on a baking sheet and reheat them in foil in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.

PS: I've been totally immersed in this Conchas journey, and let me tell you, it's been pure joy! These Mexican sweet buns are like bites of sunshine. They're soft, airy, and that sugary crunch on top? Perfection! 😋 Whether you're starting your day or need a little pick-me-up, these treats are guaranteed to hit the spot every time!
I love conchas! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to try making them at home.

I totally agree, these sweet buns are a game-changer. I tried a similar recipe recently, and they were a hit with my family. That crunchy top paired with the soft, fluffy inside is just heavenly. Have you experimented with any different flavors for the streusel? I added a bit of orange zest to the plain one last time, and it was amazing! 😋✨👌
That's awesome! 😊 It's amazing how a simple twist can elevate a classic recipe, right? Orange zest sounds like a delicious addition. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely tempted now! Thanks for the tip, and happy baking!

Conchas recipe? 🍞🐚 Indulge in these sweet Mexican pastries with their distinctive shell-like topping, made by topping a soft, pillowy bread dough with a crumbly, sugary topping before baking to golden perfection - a delightful treat for any occasion!

Back