Cooking Black Chicken Soup

Bubbles

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently tried making Black Chicken Soup for the first time, and it was such a unique and rewarding cooking experience. I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you all!

Ingredients:

• 1 whole black chicken (about 2-3 pounds), cleaned and cut into pieces
  • 8 cups water
  • 2 slices ginger
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • Salt to taste
  • Optional: 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or rice wine
  • Optional: 1-2 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
  • Optional: 1 tablespoon goji berries
Cooking Black Chicken Soup.jpg
Instructions:

1. Rinse the black chicken pieces under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil over high heat.
  3. Add the black chicken pieces to the boiling water, along with the ginger slices, crushed garlic, and chopped green onions.
  4. If using, add the Shaoxing wine, dried shiitake mushrooms, and goji berries to the pot.
  5. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for about 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
  6. Skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface of the soup during cooking.
  7. Season the soup with salt to taste.
  8. Remove the chicken pieces from the soup and shred the meat off the bones using two forks. Discard the bones and return the shredded chicken meat to the soup.
  9. Give the soup a good stir and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
  10. Serve the Black Chicken Soup hot, garnished with some chopped green onions if desired.
I had such a great time experimenting with this Black Chicken Soup recipe. It's a fantastic dish to try if you're looking for something different and flavorful. I'd love to hear about your experiences with this recipe, so please let me know if you give it a try! 🖤🍲😊

Hey everyone! I recently tried making Black Chicken Soup for the first time, and it was such a unique and rewarding cooking experience. I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you all!

Ingredients:

• 8 cups water
  • 2 slices ginger
  • Salt to taste
View attachment 1980Instructions:
  1. Rinse the black chicken pieces under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
  3. Add the black chicken pieces to the boiling water, along with the ginger slices, crushed garlic, and chopped green onions.
  4. If using, add the Shaoxing wine, dried shiitake mushrooms, and goji berries to the pot.
  5. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for about 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
  6. Skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface of the soup during cooking.
  8. Remove the chicken pieces from the soup and shred the meat off the bones using two forks. Discard the bones and return the shredded chicken meat to the soup.
  10. Serve the Black Chicken Soup hot, garnished with some chopped green onions if desired.
I had such a great time experimenting with this Black Chicken Soup recipe. It's a fantastic dish to try if you're looking for something different and flavorful. I'd love to hear about your experiences with this recipe, so please let me know if you give it a try! 🖤🍲😊
Black chicken soup? Now, that's intriguing! 🖤🍲 I've heard it's packed with unique flavors and has some impressive health benefits too. Can't wait to give it a try and add a little variety to my soup game! Thanks for sharing this recipe—I'm excited to see how it turns out! 😋👩‍🍳

Ingredients:

• 8 cups water
  • 2 slices ginger
  • Salt to taste
View attachment 1980Instructions:
Thanks for sharing the Black Chicken Soup recipe! It sounds like a flavorful and nourishing dish, perfect for enjoying the rich and hearty taste of black chicken in a comforting soup. Can't wait to make this delicious and soothing soup for a satisfying meal. 🍲🍗🥣

Cooking black chicken soup? Ah, the mysterious allure of the dark side of poultry! 🖤🐔 Get ready to simmer, stew, and summon forth a soup that's as rich in flavor as it is in color. Because who says chicken soup has to be boring? Let's embrace the darkness and dive into a bowl of savory goodness!

Back