Cottage Cheese Recipe

jannababe

Culinary Explorer
how-to-make-cottage-cheese.jpg

I recently made homemade cottage cheese, and it turned out delicious! It's so much fresher than store-bought and surprisingly easy to make. If you're a fan of cottage cheese, you'll love this recipe.

Ingredients:​

• 1 gallon whole milk
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar or lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional, for creamier texture)

Instructions:​

1. Heat the Milk: Pour the milk into a large pot and heat it over medium heat until it reaches about 190°F (just below boiling).
  2. Add Vinegar or Lemon Juice: Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. The milk will start to curdle.
  3. Strain the Curds: Line a colander with cheesecloth and pour the curdled milk into it. Allow it to drain for about 5 minutes.
  4. Rinse the Curds: Rinse the curds under cold water while gently stirring to remove the vinegar or lemon juice flavor.
  5. Salt and Cream: Transfer the curds to a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and add heavy cream if you like a creamier texture. Mix well.
  6. Refrigerate: Store the cottage cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Making this was a fun and rewarding experience. The fresh taste and creamy texture were well worth the effort. Give it a try, and you'll see how easy and tasty homemade cottage cheese can be! 🧀

Wow, your homemade cottage cheese sounds amazing! 🧀 Thanks for sharing this easy recipe; I'm definitely going to try it out. Fresh and creamy cottage cheese made at home sounds like a game changer! 😋

Wow, making cottage cheese at home sounds like a total win—so fresh and easy! 🧀✨ Thanks for sharing the recipe; it’s gonna be my next kitchen adventure for sure! 😋

Cottage cheese from scratch? That’s awesome! 🧀👏 Can’t wait to see how it turns out—bet it’s way fresher and creamier than store-bought. 😋

Back