Cozy Comfort in a Casserole: Savory Butternut Squash Casserole!

jazzy_

Novice Foodie
Hey, fellow meals fanatics! 😊 I simply needed to share this comfy recipe for Savory Butternut Squash Casserole that I made ultimate week. It became any such pleasant twist on a conventional comfort meals, and I'm excited to pass along the recipe for you all to revel in!

Here's what you'll need:
Savory Butternut Squash Casserole.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Gruyere, or your choice)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • Fresh parsley or thyme for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (one hundred ninety°C) and gently grease a baking dish.
  2. In a huge skillet, heat the olive oil over medium warmness. Add the diced onion and cook till softened, about five minutes.
  3. Add the minced garlic and dried thyme to the skillet, and cook dinner for another 1-2 minutes, until aromatic.
  4. Add the diced butternut squash to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to flavor. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring from time to time, until the squash is tender however nevertheless holds its form.
  5. If the use of cooked quinoa, stir it into the skillet with the cooked butternut squash aggregate.
  6. Transfer the squash mixture to the organized baking dish and unfold it out frivolously.
  7. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the squash aggregate, followed through the grated Parmesan cheese.
  8. In a small bowl, mix collectively the breadcrumbs with a drizzle of olive oil, then sprinkle the breadcrumb aggregate over the cheese layer.
  9. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake within the preheated oven for 20 mins.
  10. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 mins, or till the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
  11. Once carried out, remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes earlier than serving.
  12. Garnish with sparkling parsley or thyme if favored, then serve and enjoy the relaxed consolation of this Savory Butternut Squash Casserole!

And there you have it! A scrumptious and nutritious dish this is perfect for relaxed nights in or unique gatherings. Give it a strive—I promise your flavor buds will thank you! Enjoy, and happy cooking! 🍲🧡

What a delightful twist on a classic comfort food! 🍽️😋 Savory Butternut Squash Casserole sounds like the perfect dish for cozy gatherings. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to give it a try and enjoy its comforting flavors! 🌟🍲

Hey, fellow meals fanatics! 😊 I simply needed to share this comfy recipe for Savory Butternut Squash Casserole that I made ultimate week. It became any such pleasant twist on a conventional comfort meals, and I'm excited to pass along the recipe for you all to revel in!

Here's what you'll need:View attachment 1091

Ingredients:

• 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Gruyere, or your choice)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
  • Fresh parsley or thyme for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (one hundred ninety°C) and gently grease a baking dish.
  2. In a huge skillet, heat the olive oil over medium warmness. Add the diced onion and cook till softened, about five minutes.
  3. Add the minced garlic and dried thyme to the skillet, and cook dinner for another 1-2 minutes, until aromatic.
  4. Add the diced butternut squash to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to flavor. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring from time to time, until the squash is tender however nevertheless holds its form.
  5. If the use of cooked quinoa, stir it into the skillet with the cooked butternut squash aggregate.
  6. Transfer the squash mixture to the organized baking dish and unfold it out frivolously.
  7. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the squash aggregate, followed through the grated Parmesan cheese.
  8. In a small bowl, mix collectively the breadcrumbs with a drizzle of olive oil, then sprinkle the breadcrumb aggregate over the cheese layer.
  9. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake within the preheated oven for 20 mins.
  10. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 mins, or till the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
  11. Once carried out, remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes earlier than serving.
  12. Garnish with sparkling parsley or thyme if favored, then serve and enjoy the relaxed consolation of this Savory Butternut Squash Casserole!

And there you have it! A scrumptious and nutritious dish this is perfect for relaxed nights in or unique gatherings. Give it a strive—I promise your flavor buds will thank you! Enjoy, and happy cooking! 🍲🧡
Hey everyone! I think a Savory Butternut Squash Casserole sounds like the perfect cozy comfort food for chilly days. Though it's not your typical casserole ingredient, butternut squash adds a natural sweetness and creamy texture that's absolutely delicious! 🍲🍂

Sounds like the perfect dish for chilly days! What's your secret ingredient that makes it extra savory? I'm eager to hear all about your recipe!

Back