Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto

SoulSeeker87

Novice Foodie
This creamy Italian classic is a labor of love, but the result is a dish that's rich, velvety, and utterly satisfying. With tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, and creamy Arborio rice cooked to perfection, this recipe is sure to impress even the most discerning palates.

Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto.jpg

Here's how to make it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Arborio rice
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms (cremini or button)
  • 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Ingredients: In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken broth over low heat until warmed through. Keep it warm while you prepare the risotto.
  2. Sauté the Aromatics: In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
  3. Cook the Mushrooms: Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes until they release their moisture and become golden brown. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
  4. Toast the Rice: Add the Arborio rice to the skillet with the onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes until the rice is lightly toasted and coated with the oil and butter.
  5. Deglaze the Pan: If using, pour in the dry white wine and stir, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Allow the wine to cook down until most of the liquid has evaporated.
  6. Add the Broth: Begin adding the warm chicken broth to the skillet, one ladleful at a time, stirring frequently. Allow each addition of broth to be absorbed by the rice before adding more. Continue this process for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is creamy and tender with a slight bite to it (al dente).
  7. Incorporate the Chicken: Once the risotto is almost done, stir in the diced cooked chicken breast, allowing it to heat through for 2-3 minutes.
  8. Finish with Cheese and Herbs: Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley until melted and well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper if needed.
  9. Serve: Serve the creamy chicken and mushroom risotto immediately, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Enjoy the comforting goodness of this homemade Italian favorite!
This Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto is the epitome of comfort food with its velvety texture and rich flavor profile. Whether you're cooking for a special occasion or simply craving a hearty meal, this recipe is sure to delight your senses and leave you craving more. Give it a try and let your taste buds thank you!

This incredible recipe is seriously a labor of love, but trust me, every second spent in the kitchen is totally worth it. You end up with this rich, velvety dish that's just bursting with flavor.

I mean, tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, creamy Arborio rice... need I say more? Plus, it's totally customizable to suit your taste buds.

This incredible recipe is seriously a labor of love, but trust me, every second spent in the kitchen is totally worth it. You end up with this rich, velvety dish that's just bursting with flavor.

I mean, tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, creamy Arborio rice... need I say more? Plus, it's totally customizable to suit your taste buds.
Hey there! I agree, the process might take a bit of time, but the end result is absolutely worth every minute spent in the kitchen. There's something magical about the combination of tender chicken, hearty mushrooms, and that creamy Arborio rice.:love:

Back