Creamy Corn and Crab Chowder

Annie_girl

Novice Foodie
I'm excited to share with you a recipe that's close to my heart – Creamy Corn and Crab Soup. This delightful dish combines the sweetness of corn with the succulent flavors of crab, creating a bowl of warmth that's perfect for any occasion. Let's dive right in and create some coastal magic!

Ingredients:

• 1 pound lump crabmeat (fresh or canned, drained)
  • 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Optional: a dash of hot sauce for a kick
asdasdaad.jpg
Instructions
:

1. Prepare the Base: In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they turn translucent and fragrant.
  2. Thicken the Soup: Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic mixture, stirring constantly to form a roux. Cook for a few minutes until the roux turns golden brown, which will help thicken the soup later on.
  3. Add the Corn: Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, stirring well to incorporate the roux into the liquid. Add the corn kernels and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  4. Blend and Simmer: If you prefer a smoother consistency, you can use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup at this stage. Leave some chunks of corn for texture. Then, pour in the heavy cream and stir until everything is well combined.
  5. Season and Finish: Season the soup with Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper according to your taste preferences. For a bit of heat, you can add a dash of hot sauce as well. Gently fold in the lump crabmeat, being careful not to break up the crab too much. Let the soup simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together beautifully.
  6. Serve and Enjoy: Ladle the creamy corn and crab soup into bowls, garnishing each serving with freshly chopped parsley. Serve hot alongside crusty bread or crackers for a delightful meal that celebrates the coastal flavors of crab and corn.

I hope you enjoy making and savoring this Creamy Corn and Crab Soup as much as I do. It's a dish that brings warmth and comfort, perfect for gatherings with loved ones or cozy nights at home. Feel free to customize it with your favorite seafood or additional spices to suit your palate. Happy cooking!

Wow, this recipe looks absolutely delicious! 😋 I love the combination of sweet corn and savory crab, and adding creaminess to it sounds like the perfect comfort food. Can't wait to try making this for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

This recipe looks so creamy and tasty! I'm looking for a soup for our dinner and this is perfect with our steak. Will definitely try this. 😅😉🤩

I'm excited to share with you a recipe that's close to my heart – Creamy Corn and Crab Soup. This delightful dish combines the sweetness of corn with the succulent flavors of crab, creating a bowl of warmth that's perfect for any occasion. Let's dive right in and create some coastal magic!

Ingredients:

• 1 pound lump crabmeat (fresh or canned, drained)
  • 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Optional: a dash of hot sauce for a kick
View attachment 982Instructions:

1. Prepare the Base: In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they turn translucent and fragrant.
  2. Thicken the Soup: Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic mixture, stirring constantly to form a roux. Cook for a few minutes until the roux turns golden brown, which will help thicken the soup later on.
  3. Add the Corn: Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, stirring well to incorporate the roux into the liquid. Add the corn kernels and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  4. Blend and Simmer: If you prefer a smoother consistency, you can use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup at this stage. Leave some chunks of corn for texture. Then, pour in the heavy cream and stir until everything is well combined.
  5. Season and Finish: Season the soup with Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper according to your taste preferences. For a bit of heat, you can add a dash of hot sauce as well. Gently fold in the lump crabmeat, being careful not to break up the crab too much. Let the soup simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together beautifully.
  6. Serve and Enjoy: Ladle the creamy corn and crab soup into bowls, garnishing each serving with freshly chopped parsley. Serve hot alongside crusty bread or crackers for a delightful meal that celebrates the coastal flavors of crab and corn.

I hope you enjoy making and savoring this Creamy Corn and Crab Soup as much as I do. It's a dish that brings warmth and comfort, perfect for gatherings with loved ones or cozy nights at home. Feel free to customize it with your favorite seafood or additional spices to suit your palate. Happy cooking!
This is really a good creamy recipe, I might try it with my family. Thanks for sharing😁

Back