Creamy fish pie

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Hey folks! Let me tell you about the first time I tried making creamy fish pie. It was a rainy evening, and I wanted something warm and comforting. This recipe saved the day, and now it's one of my favorite to cook in my kitchen!

Ingredients
Creamy fish pie.jpg

• 1kg white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 250g tub Garlic & Herbs Extra-Light Soft Cheese
  • 320g pack fish pie mix
  • 190g coldwater prawns
  • handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • milk (optional)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) fish or vegetable stock
  • 1 tbsp cornflour

Method​

1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190ºC, fan 170ºC. Put the potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Drain and mash, adding a little milk if you wish. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add the soft cheese and the stock and combine well.
  3. Blend the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of cold water and stir into the sauce. Cook for a few more minutes until thickened. Add the fish pie mix and cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the prawns and parsley.
  4. Pour into an oven dish and top with the mash. Cook for 25-30 minutes until piping hot.

And that's how I fell in love with creamy fish pie! I hope this recipe brings you as much joy and warmth as it has brought me. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out for you! 🐟🥧✨

There's something so comforting about a warm, creamy filling topped with buttery mashed potatoes. I can already imagine the rich flavors melding together perfectly with the tender fish. I'll be sure to give this recipe a try soon

That sounds like an amazing culinary adventure! 🐟 Glad you found warmth and comfort in your creamy fish pie creation on that rainy evening!

Back