Creamy Mushroom Risotto

Steak_lover01

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you: Creamy Mushroom Risotto. 🍄 This dish is a total comfort food masterpiece, with rich, velvety rice cooked to perfection and loaded with earthy mushrooms. 🍚 Trust me, once you try this risotto, you'll be hooked! 😋

Creamy Mushroom Risotto (1).jpg

Ingredients​

• 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup onion fine diced
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 2 ½ cups chicken stock
  • ½ cup heavy cream optional
  • ½ cup Romano cheese grated
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper to taste

Instructions​

• In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken broth to a simmer.
  • In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until nicely browned. Approximately 5-6 minutes.

Remove them from the pan and set them aside until needed.
  • In the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter. Saute the onion for 2 minutes.
  • Add in the rice and continue to cook, allowing the rice to toast in the pan for about 2 minutes.

*Don't let the rice burn
  • Add 1 cup of the heated chicken stock to the rice in the pan, stirring occasionally.
  • Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the stock, ½ cup at a time, until the rice absorbs all of the liquid.
  • When all the stock has been absorbed by the rice, add the cooked mushrooms back into the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and mix well.
  • Add the Romano cheese, heavy cream and black pepper. Return to the stove over medium heat and mix thoroughly until you have a creamy consistency.

*The creamy texture of the risotto comes from the frequent stirring of the mixture.

Creamy mushroom risotto? Count me in! 🍄🌟 There's something so comforting about a rich, velvety risotto packed with earthy mushrooms. 😋 Can't wait to give this recipe a whirl and cozy up with a bowl of goodness! Thanks for sharing! 🍲👩‍🍳

The flavors of Creamy Mushroom Risotto are too irresistible! The aromatic mushrooms and soft rice combine in a way that is just magical. Every step, from sautéing to adding stock, is a labor of love. I appreciate you sharing this delicious find! 🍄🍚🌟

Hey everyone! 👋 Today, I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you: Creamy Mushroom Risotto. 🍄 This dish is a total comfort food masterpiece, with rich, velvety rice cooked to perfection and loaded with earthy mushrooms. 🍚 Trust me, once you try this risotto, you'll be hooked! 😋

View attachment 2571

Ingredients​

• 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup onion fine diced
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 2 ½ cups chicken stock
  • ½ cup heavy cream optional
  • ½ cup Romano cheese grated
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper to taste

Instructions​

• In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken broth to a simmer.
  • In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until nicely browned. Approximately 5-6 minutes.

Remove them from the pan and set them aside until needed.
  • In the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter. Saute the onion for 2 minutes.
  • Add in the rice and continue to cook, allowing the rice to toast in the pan for about 2 minutes.

*Don't let the rice burn
  • Add 1 cup of the heated chicken stock to the rice in the pan, stirring occasionally.
  • Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the stock, ½ cup at a time, until the rice absorbs all of the liquid.
  • When all the stock has been absorbed by the rice, add the cooked mushrooms back into the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and mix well.
  • Add the Romano cheese, heavy cream and black pepper. Return to the stove over medium heat and mix thoroughly until you have a creamy consistency.

*The creamy texture of the risotto comes from the frequent stirring of the mixture.
Oh, I've been craving a good risotto lately! Creamy mushroom risotto sounds like the perfect comfort food for a cozy night in. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and savor every bite of that rich, flavorful goodness. Thanks for sharing!

Back