Creamy Pasta Pomodoro Recipe

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Hello everyone, how are you doing today? I’m really happy to share this pasta pomodoro recipe because as you can see this is one of my go-to dinners for any given Wednesday. Large, robust rigatoni pasta tubes are drenched in a vibrant, rich, creamy tomato sauce. However, this is a healthy bowl of pasta because it also contains quite a number of tasty other sautéed vegetables too. 🍝🤤

Creamy Pasta Pomodoro Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

Basic Marinara

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons minced shallot
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1 can (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
  • ⅛ teaspoon cane sugar
  • Pinch of dried oregano
  • Pinch of red pepper flakes
Creamy Tomato Sauce
  • Prepared marinara (from above)
  • ¼ cup raw cashews
  • ½ tablespoon tomato paste
  • ¼ cup water
  • ¼ cup pasta water
  • ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the Pasta
  • 10 ounces rigatoni
  • Olive oil for drizzling
  • 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
  • 2 cans (14 oz each) cherry tomatoes, drained
  • 6 cups spinach or a mix of spinach & arugula
  • ¼ cup chopped parsley or basil
  • Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions:

Make the Marinara:

1. Heat olive oil in a small pot over low heat.
  2. Add shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
  3. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
  4. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Make the Creamy Sauce:
  1. Blend the marinara with cashews, tomato paste, salt, and ¼ cup water until smooth.
  2. Before serving, mix in ¼ cup hot pasta water to thin the sauce.
Cook the Pasta:
  1. Cook rigatoni in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
Prepare the Vegetables:
  1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  2. Sauté zucchini with thyme, salt, and pepper for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
  3. Add cherry tomatoes and cook on low for 2-3 minutes until heated.
  4. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
Assemble:
  1. Divide pasta into bowls and add creamy sauce, tossing to coat.
  2. Add vegetables to each bowl.
  3. Top with parsley or basil, season with salt and pepper, and serve.

Creamy pasta pomodoro recipe? 🍝🍅 Indulge in this comforting dish featuring al dente pasta coated in a creamy tomato sauce made with ripe tomatoes, garlic, basil, and a touch of cream - a simple yet satisfying meal that's perfect for any night of the week!

Creamy pasta pomodoro recipe? 🍝🍅 Indulge in this comforting dish featuring al dente pasta coated in a creamy tomato sauce made with ripe tomatoes, garlic, basil, and a touch of cream - a simple yet satisfying meal that's perfect for any night of the week!

Sure thing! For a creamy pasta pomodoro, cook up some pasta, then simmer ripe tomatoes with garlic and basil, stir in a splash of cream, and toss it all together—boom, you've got yourself a delicious, cozy meal perfect for any night! 🍝

Hey there! That pasta pomodoro sounds delish—totally perfect for a midweek dinner fix. Love how you sneak in those veggies too, makes it both tasty and healthy. Definitely gonna give this a try soon! 🍝😋

Thank you for sharing your Creamy Pasta Pomodoro recipe! It's always exciting to discover new twists on classic dishes like this one. The addition of cream to the traditional Pomodoro sauce sounds indulgent and comforting. I appreciate the detailed instructions you've provided, making it easy for anyone to recreate this delicious pasta dish at home. I can't wait to gather the ingredients and give it a try. It's sure to be a hit at my next dinner gathering! 🍝🍅🥛

Hey there! That pasta pomodoro sounds delish—totally perfect for a midweek dinner fix. Love how you sneak in those veggies too, makes it both tasty and healthy. Definitely gonna give this a try soon! 🍝😋

Hey! So glad you like the pasta pomodoro idea! It's super easy and versatile. Let me know how it turns out when you give it a shot! 😄👩‍🍳

Thank you for sharing your Creamy Pasta Pomodoro recipe! It's always exciting to discover new twists on classic dishes like this one. The addition of cream to the traditional Pomodoro sauce sounds indulgent and comforting. I appreciate the detailed instructions you've provided, making it easy for anyone to recreate this delicious pasta dish at home. I can't wait to gather the ingredients and give it a try. It's sure to be a hit at my next dinner gathering! 🍝🍅🥛
Glad you liked the Creamy Pasta Pomodoro recipe! Hope it's a hit at your dinner gathering. Let me know how it turns out! 😊👩‍🍳

Back