Crepe Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I thought I'd kick off a discussion about crepes since they're one of my favorite things to make. They're so versatile and can be filled with anything from sweet to savory. Here's a basic crepe recipe that's super easy and always a hit in my house. Give it a try and let me know what you think or if you have any tips to make it even better!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Instructions:
  1. Mix the Batter: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
  2. Heat the Pan: Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.
  3. Cook the Crepes: Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
  4. Cook Until Done: Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Tips:
  • If the batter seems too thick, add a bit more milk or water.
  • Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes if you have time; it helps the crepes turn out even better.
  • For sweet crepes, you can add a tablespoon of sugar and a dash of vanilla extract to the batter.
    Crepe Recipe.jpg
I love filling mine with Nutella and strawberries for a sweet treat, or ham and cheese for something savory. What are your favorite fillings? Would love to hear your ideas and any tweaks you make to the recipe!
Happy cooking!

One tweak I make is to add a splash of orange liqueur to the batter when I'm making sweet crepes—gives them a lovely flavor. For fillings, I adore a classic combo of lemon juice and sugar for a quick and refreshing treat. For savory, I sometimes go for smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh dill—so good! 😉👍🙂✨

Back