Crispy and Delicious Fried Siopao Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! I'm excited to share with you all a mouthwatering recipe that's been a favorite in Filipino cuisine - Fried Siopao! If you've never tried it before, get ready to be blown away by the perfect combination of fluffy dough and savory filling, all fried to crispy perfection. Let's dive right in!
1713913830913.jpeg

Ingredients:
For the dough:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the filling:
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for sautéing
For frying:
  • Vegetable oil for deep frying
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture and vegetable oil. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  4. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
  5. Add the ground pork to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a spoon.
  6. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the flavors are well combined. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
  7. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down to release the air. Divide the dough into equal-sized balls (about 12-15 pieces).
  8. Flatten each dough ball into a circle and place a spoonful of the pork filling in the center. Gather the edges and pinch to seal, forming a smooth ball.
  9. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot to 350°F (180°C).
  10. Carefully lower the filled dough balls into the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
  11. Serve the Fried Siopao hot with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy them as they are!
  12. Get ready to savor the crispy exterior and flavorful filling of these Fried Siopao delights. They make a perfect snack or party appetizer that's sure to impress your family and friends!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

I never knew fried siopao exists? I just only know the steamed ones. I think this fried siopao is so good with its flavorful filling. Can't wait to try this 😉😋✨

Fried siopao? That sounds like a flavor-packed delight! 🥟🔥 Can't wait to try making these crispy goodies at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey foodies! I'm excited to share with you all a mouthwatering recipe that's been a favorite in Filipino cuisine - Fried Siopao! If you've never tried it before, get ready to be blown away by the perfect combination of fluffy dough and savory filling, all fried to crispy perfection. Let's dive right in!
View attachment 2359
Ingredients:
For the dough:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the filling:
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for sautéing
For frying:
  • Vegetable oil for deep frying
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture and vegetable oil. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  4. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
  5. Add the ground pork to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a spoon.
  6. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the flavors are well combined. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
  7. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down to release the air. Divide the dough into equal-sized balls (about 12-15 pieces).
  8. Flatten each dough ball into a circle and place a spoonful of the pork filling in the center. Gather the edges and pinch to seal, forming a smooth ball.
  9. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot to 350°F (180°C).
  10. Carefully lower the filled dough balls into the hot oil, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
  11. Serve the Fried Siopao hot with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy them as they are!
  12. Get ready to savor the crispy exterior and flavorful filling of these Fried Siopao delights. They make a perfect snack or party appetizer that's sure to impress your family and friends!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!
Thanks for sharing! Crispy and Delicious Fried Siopao sounds like a delightful twist on a classic Filipino favorite. Can't wait to try stuffing and frying these fluffy buns for a crispy and flavorful treat!

Back