Crispy Oven Baked Korean Chicken Wings

wayv127

Novice Foodie
I was watching a Kdrama yesterday and then they had this eating scene that just made my mouth water. Guess what they're eating?! Its the iconic Korean chicken wings partnered with alcohol. Of course, as someone who says no to food, I searched and found this recipe online. I actually tried it today and guess... Cravings satisfied! Let me share it with you and have yours satisfied also ;)

Crispy-Oven-Baked-Korean-Chicken-Wings10-22-320x320.jpg

Ingredients:

Wings

2 pounds chicken wings, flats and drumettes
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt or seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Korean sauce
3 tablespoons gochujang paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
4 cloves minced garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Garnish
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds garnish
1 green onion, diced garnish
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions:
  1. To bake super crispy wings in the oven, you need to start with the secret ingredient. That magic thing is baking powder. By coating your wings in a light sprinkling of seasoned baking powder, you are guaranteed that crunchy crispy chicken skin that makes the perfect wings.
  2. Start by combining baking powder, salt and onion powder in a small bowl. Pat your naked chicken wings with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible and then add them to a separate mixing bowl, one large enough to toss your wings around without them flying out.
  3. Sprinkle half of your baking powder mixture on your wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle the remaining mixture and toss again until your wings are evenly coated.
  4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet tray with foil and then add an oven safe wire rack on top of your foil. Lightly spray your rack with non-stick spray.
  5. Lay your chicken wings out on the wire rack so that there is plenty of space between them to ensure they cook evenly.
  6. Cook wings for 30 minutes then flip your wings and return to oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
  7. While your wings are baking, make your Korean sauce. Add gochujang sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic powder to a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
  8. Once your sauce reaches a slow boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Your sauce will start to reduce and thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
  9. Once your wings are done, remove them from the oven and to a large mixing bowl. Pour your spicy Korean sauce on top and toss to coat.
  10. Top with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve immediately.

Now, sit back, eat this and enjoy your watch! Let me know your thoughts on this one;)

Oh my goodness, these Korean chicken wings look incredible! 😍 I can practically smell the delicious aroma through the screen! Definitely adding this recipe to my must-try list. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to make it! 🙌🏼🍗

That Korean sauce sounds like the perfect balance of spicy and sweet flavors. I can't wait to try this recipe myself and enjoy it with some refreshing drinks. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely let you know how it turns out!🤤🍗

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to give it a try and impress my friends and family with these mouthwatering wings! 🤤

As a fellow K-drama fan who absolutely adores Korean foods, this recipe is calling my name! I can already imagine sinking my teeth into those crispy wings while lost in the world of K-dramas. Thanks for sharing this tempting recipe—I'm beyond excited to add a taste of Korea to my kitchen! 🍗🇰🇷

Oh, the perfect pairing—Korean chicken wings and a good K-drama! 🍗📺 Your Crispy Oven Baked Korean Chicken Wings recipe sounds like a mouthwatering treat, thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to give it a try and satisfy those cravings too!

Just stumbled upon this recipe, and I'm already drooling! 🤤 The combination of crispy wings and Korean flavors sounds absolutely irresistible. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and see how it turns out!

Wow! Just by reading the recipe I am drooling over korean chicken wings. As a K-drama lover this will satisfy my korean food cravings. Can't wait to try this recipe and be my new comfort food.🥰🤩

Back