Curious about latkes― where did they originally come from❓

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Good day everyone! („• ֊ •„)੭ Just got super curious about latkes. Does anyone know where they originally came from? 💭 I've been making them for a while but realized I don't know much about their history. Would love to dive into a little food lore if you've got the scoop! Thanks! ᵕ̈

Good day everyone! („• ֊ •„)੭ Just got super curious about latkes. Does anyone know where they originally came from? 💭 I've been making them for a while but realized I don't know much about their history. Would love to dive into a little food lore if you've got the scoop! Thanks! ᵕ̈
So, latkes... They originally came from Eastern Europe, like Poland or Russia. 🥔🇵🇱 They're a big part of Hanukkah celebrations.🕎 People make 'em with potatoes and fry 'em up crispy. Solid comfort food, you know? 🍽️

So, latkes... They originally came from Eastern Europe, like Poland or Russia. 🥔🇵🇱 They're a big part of Hanukkah celebrations.🕎 People make 'em with potatoes and fry 'em up crispy. Solid comfort food, you know? 🍽️
You've perfectly captured the essence of latkes! Their rich history and comforting flavor truly make them a Hanukkah staple. The crispy exterior and fluffy interior are truly a delight! 🥔🕎🍽️ Thanks for sharing your scoop!

Back