Curried Lentil Soup

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
Curry-Lentil-Soup-6.jpg

I recently tried a Curried Lentil Soup recipe that quickly became a favorite in my kitchen. It’s hearty, flavorful, and has just the right amount of spice to warm you up. Plus, it’s packed with nutrients, making it a satisfying and wholesome meal. Here's how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup dried lentils (any variety)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 large carrot, diced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, with juice
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
  • A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Prep the veggies: Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the veggies begin to soften.
  2. Add the spices: Stir in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Cook for another minute until the spices are fragrant.
  3. Cook the lentils: Add the lentils to the pot, stirring to coat them with the spice mixture. Pour in the vegetable broth and the diced tomatoes (with their juice). Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
  4. Season and serve: Once the lentils are cooked, taste the soup and add salt and pepper as needed. If you like, you can stir in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a bright finish. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, and enjoy!

Conclusion:​

This Curried Lentil Soup is the kind of dish that fills your kitchen with wonderful aromas and your belly with warmth. It’s easy to make, deeply satisfying, and perfect for those days when you want something comforting yet healthy. I’m definitely keeping this one in my regular rotation! 🍲

Curried lentil soup? That sounds so cozy and flavorful! 🍲✨ I’m all about that spicy kick and hearty goodness. Can’t wait to warm up with a bowl of this! 😋🔥

Back