Dad's Kung Pao Chicken -- Hiyaaa!

GsauceCries

Novice Foodie
Are you ready to be spicy?? If so, I got something for you to try. This one is from my dad's pocket of recipe..... This is also a comfort food for me since this takes me home and makes the homesickness go away....

Kung pao.PNG

Now the good part? Here is everything you need to know....

Serves 4 People.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450g) chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3-4 dried red chilies
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 3-4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
For the sauce:

• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add the chicken pieces and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the dried red chilies and peanuts, and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
  3. Add the marinated chicken to the wok and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
  4. Add the green onions, minced garlic, and minced ginger to the wok, and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir-fry for another minute, or until everything is well coated and heated through.
  6. Serve the Kung Pao Chicken hot over steamed rice.

This recipe captures the classic flavors of Kung Pao Chicken and is sure to bring back memories of Dad's cooking!

Oh, wow! This Kung Pao Chicken recipe is like a flavor explosion in every bite! 😍 The combination of savory chicken, crunchy peanuts, and spicy chilies has me drooling already. Plus, it's got that nostalgic touch that just warms the heart. Can't wait to whip up a batch and savor every mouthful!

Dad's Kung Pao Chicken" has got me feeling all kinds of excited! 🥋🔥 There's something special about family recipes, especially when they come with a little kick like this one. Can't wait to channel my inner chef and give it a go. Thanks for sharing the secret to some serious flavor! 🍗👨‍🍳

Back