Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies 🍪🍫

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer

Hey cookie lovers! 🍪 Just baked up a batch of these Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies and they are delicious! 🍫😋 The mix of gooey chocolate chunks and hearty oats is just perfect. Plus, a sprinkle of sea salt on top takes them to the next level! If you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, definitely give these a try. Enjoy every bite!

Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Coo.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup (16 tbsp; 226g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp (15ml) unsulphured or dark molasses (avoid blackstrap; I love Grandma’s brand!)
  • 1 ⅔ cups (210g) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 cups (255g) old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 (4-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate bars, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
  • Optional: coarse sea salt for topping
Instructions:

1. Cream the Butter and Sugars: Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the softened butter and both sugars on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix on high until fully combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla and molasses until well combined.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
  3. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing on low speed until combined. Stir in the oats and chopped chocolate until evenly distributed. The dough will be thick and sticky. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes (I usually chill for 30 minutes). If chilling for longer (up to 2 days), let the dough sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before baking. Note: Chilling the dough longer will result in less spreading.
  4. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
  5. Form and Bake Cookies: Scoop about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie and place on the baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. A cookie scoop works well for this sticky dough. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the centers look soft.
  6. Cool and Finish: Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will continue to set as they cool on the sheet.
  7. Store: Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Enjoy these delicious cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite hot drink! 😋🍪

So simple yet so tasty! Will definitely keep this recipe. While making it, I thought "this is not going to be good--it's too simple!" I'm so glad I was wrong.😅👌

So simple yet so tasty! Will definitely keep this recipe. While making it, I thought "this is not going to be good--it's too simple!" I'm so glad I was wrong.😅👌
I'm thrilled you enjoyed it! 😄 Sometimes the simplest recipes surprise us the most. Thanks for giving it a try! 😊👌

Hey cookie lovers! 🍪 Just baked up a batch of these Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies and they are delicious! 🍫😋 The mix of gooey chocolate chunks and hearty oats is just perfect. Plus, a sprinkle of sea salt on top takes them to the next level! If you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, definitely give these a try. Enjoy every bite!

View attachment 5094

Ingredients:

• 1 cup (16 tbsp; 226g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
  • ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp (15ml) unsulphured or dark molasses (avoid blackstrap; I love Grandma’s brand!)
  • 1 ⅔ cups (210g) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 cups (255g) old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 (4-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate bars, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
  • Optional: coarse sea salt for topping
Instructions:

1. Cream the Butter and Sugars: Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the softened butter and both sugars on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix on high until fully combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla and molasses until well combined.
  2. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
  3. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing on low speed until combined. Stir in the oats and chopped chocolate until evenly distributed. The dough will be thick and sticky. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes (I usually chill for 30 minutes). If chilling for longer (up to 2 days), let the dough sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before baking. Note: Chilling the dough longer will result in less spreading.
  4. Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
  5. Form and Bake Cookies: Scoop about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie and place on the baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. A cookie scoop works well for this sticky dough. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the centers look soft.
  6. Cool and Finish: Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will continue to set as they cool on the sheet.
  7. Store: Keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Enjoy these delicious cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite hot drink! 😋🍪
Dark chocolate and oatmeal together? Yes, please! 🍪🍫 Perfect for a cozy snack!

Back