Dark Chocolate Plum Jam 🍯🟤

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
I absolutely love making this dark chocolate plum jam with my grandma, and I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you! It's a perfect way to preserve the delicious flavor of fresh plums and add a rich, indulgent twist with dark chocolate. The combination of sweet and tart flavors is simply irresistible. Plus, it's a great way to spend quality time with loved ones in the kitchen.

Dark Chocolate Plum Jam.jpg
INGREDIENTS

• 2 kilograms of ripe halved plums (you can chop them up finely if you prefer)
  • Half of a vanilla bean
  • 300 grams of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 150 grams of dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
  • 1 tablespoon of rum
  • 1 tablespoon of good quality cocoa powder
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C). Place washed and dried plums into a dutch oven or any larger oven-safe deep dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon, half the sugar, add the vanilla bean, and rum. Mix well and bake uncovered for 50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
  2. After baking, transfer the plum mixture to a large pot if necessary. Remove the vanilla bean. Turn the heat to medium-high, add the remaining sugar and cocoa powder, and simmer for about 1-1.5 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
  3. To check if the jam is done, perform the freezer test: Place a small amount of jam on a plate and freeze for 2 minutes. If a film/crust forms on top, it's done.
  4. Finely chop the dark chocolate and stir it into the hot jam until melted.
  5. Store the hot jam in sterilized jars and let it cool. It's best eaten after resting for 12 hours. Once opened, keep it refrigerated and use smaller jars for storage. Properly canned in glass jars, it can be stored for months in a cool, dark place or in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy making and savoring this jam as much as I do. It's a real treat that's perfect for spreading on toast, scones, or even as a filling for pastries. Enjoy cooking!

This dark chocolate plum jam sounds absolutely delightful! It's the first time I learned about its existence. I can imagine how the rich chocolate complements the sweet-tart plums perfectly. I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing! (y)

This dark chocolate plum jam sounds absolutely delightful! It's the first time I learned about its existence. I can imagine how the rich chocolate complements the sweet-tart plums perfectly. I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing! (y)
I agree! It's a unique twist, the combination of chocolate with the sweet-tartness of plums is simply great. Happy jam-making! 🍫🍯

I've never thought of combining these two together! Can't wait to try out how will the plum's sweet tartness complement with the dark chocolate! Thanks for the idea!

I agree! It's a unique twist, the combination of chocolate with the sweet-tartness of plums is simply great. Happy jam-making! 🍫🍯
I'm glad you're interested in dark chocolate plum jam! Have fun making it your own! Enjoy! 🍫🍇

Back