Delicious and Easy Corn Chowder Recipe for Cozy Dinners! 🌽🥣

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends! I'm excited to share one of my go-to dinner recipes that's perfect for chilly evenings: Corn Chowder! It's creamy, comforting, and bursting with flavor. Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
  • 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
    1713251780672.jpeg
This recipe is super flexible, so feel free to customize it with your favorite add-ins like diced carrots, celery, or bell peppers!
To start, I cook the diced bacon in a large pot until it's nice and crispy, then remove it from the pot and set it aside. In the same pot with the bacon drippings, I sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until they're soft and fragrant.
Next, I add in the diced potatoes and corn kernels, along with the chicken or vegetable broth and dried thyme. I bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Once the potatoes are cooked through, I use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup to my desired consistency. If you prefer a smoother chowder, you can blend it completely, but I like to leave some chunks of corn and potato for texture.
Finally, I stir in the heavy cream and season the chowder with salt and pepper to taste. I let it simmer for a few more minutes to heat through, then it's ready to serve!
I like to garnish each bowl of corn chowder with a sprinkle of crispy bacon and chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and extra flavor. It's the perfect cozy dinner to enjoy with a slice of crusty bread or a side salad. I hope you give this corn chowder recipe a try and let me know how it turns out! Bon appétit! 🌽🥓🍲

This one's a hearty and satisfying dish that's sure to warm me up from the inside out! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe for a cozy dinner! 🌽🥔🥓🍲

There's something so satisfying about a warm bowl of creamy chowder, especially when it's packed with the sweetness of fresh corn. I can't wait to try making it for my next family meal. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe idea! 😊👍

Back