Delightful Buko Chicken Curry Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends!
I'm so excited to share one of my all-time favorite dinner recipes with you all: Buko Chicken Curry. If you're looking to add a tropical twist to your dinner table, this dish is an absolute must-try. It's bursting with flavors that will transport you straight to paradise!
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 cups young coconut meat (buko), chopped into strips
  • 1 large potato, peeled and diced
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for sautéing
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Heat some cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they're soft and fragrant.
  2. Add the diced chicken thighs to the pan and cook until they're browned on all sides.
  3. Once the chicken is nicely browned, add the chopped young coconut meat (buko), diced potato, and diced carrot to the pan. Stir everything together to combine.
  4. Sprinkle the curry powder over the chicken and vegetables, and continue to cook for a couple of minutes until the spices are aromatic.
  5. Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce, and give everything a good stir. Let the curry simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
  6. Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and brown sugar as needed. The brown sugar helps to balance out the flavors and adds a subtle sweetness to the dish.
  7. Just before serving, add the diced red and green bell peppers to the pan and cook for another couple of minutes until they're tender-crisp.
  8. Once everything is cooked to perfection, remove the pan from the heat and garnish your Buko Chicken Curry with some fresh cilantro leaves for a burst of color and freshness.
    1714347694513.jpeg
This dish pairs beautifully with steamed rice or crusty bread to soak up all that delicious sauce. I promise, one bite of this Buko Chicken Curry and you'll be hooked! Give it a try and let me know what you think. Happy cooking, everyone! 🌴🍗🥥

Wow, that sounds intriguing! I've never tried a Buko Chicken Curry before, but I'm definitely interested now. Combining the creaminess of buko (young coconut) with the flavors of chicken curry sounds like a delicious twist. Do you have the recipe handy? I'd love to give it a shot in my kitchen! 🥥🍗

Buko Chicken Curry? Sounds like a delightful fusion of flavors! 🥥🍗 Can't wait to try this unique twist on a classic dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe inspiration! 😋👍

Back