Delightful Sponge Cake!

Toffee

Novice Foodie
I want to share my sponge cake recipe! With just a few ingredients and easy steps, you'll create a soft and fluffy cake perfect for any occasion. Let me show you how to make it!

Ingredients:
IMG20240305114721.jpg

• ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil, plus more for greasing if baking in a jelly roll pan
  • 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
  • ⅔ cup cake flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your baking pan.
    • For a roulade, lightly oil a 10-by-15-inch jelly roll pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
    • For a 9-inch springform pan, leave it ungreased and unlined.
  2. Beat egg whites, sugar, salt, and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
  3. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar, and oil until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
  4. Gradually mix in flour and vanilla extract until you have a thick batter.
  5. Gently fold egg whites into the yolk mixture until evenly combined.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and springy, about 25-35 minutes.
  7. Invert the pan onto a wire rack to cool upside down.
  8. Once cooled, loosen the cake from the pan and remove parchment if using a jelly roll pan.
  9. Use the sponge cake as desired. It can be stored at room temperature for several days, tightly wrapped.

And there it is, the delicious sponge cake is ready to be enjoyed! ☺️🍰

That sounds wonderful! 🎂✨ A homemade sponge cake is always a treat, and I'm excited to learn your recipe. Simple ingredients and easy steps for a soft and fluffy cake—can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your baking magic with us!

Back