Do I need to cover pot roast with liquid in the Instant Pot?

Kitty

Culinary Explorer
🤔 I'm not sure if I should fully cover the roast with liquid or just add enough to cover the bottom. What's the consensus among Instant Pot chefs? Your guidance would be super helpful! Thanks! 😊

🤔 I'm not sure if I should fully cover the roast with liquid or just add enough to cover the bottom. What's the consensus among Instant Pot chefs? Your guidance would be super helpful! Thanks! 😊
You don't necessarily need to completely cover a pot roast with liquid in the Instant Pot, but you do need at least some liquid to create steam for pressure cooking. Adding around 1/2 cup of broth or water is a good starting point, and the juices from the meat will contribute additional moisture during cooking.

Yes, covering your pot roast with liquid in the Instant Pot helps ensure it cooks evenly and stays tender! It also helps build flavor as it cooks under pressure. Don't skip this step for juicy, flavorful results! 🍲✨

Yes, you definitely need to cover pot roast with liquid in the Instant Pot. The liquid helps create a flavorful sauce and ensures the meat cooks evenly. 🥩🍲

Back