Do you need salt in pickle brine?

Serene

Culinary Explorer
Hey pickle lovers! 🥒🧂 Do you really need salt in pickle brine? I'm trying to cut down on sodium, but I still want delicious pickles. Is there a way to make it without salt? Thanks for any advice! 😊

Hey there! 🥒🧂 Salt in pickle brine helps with flavor and preservation, but you can try reducing it or using alternatives like spices or vinegar for a tangy kick!

Yes, you definitely need salt in pickle brine! It helps with flavor and preservation. The salt draws out moisture and keeps your pickles crunchy. So don’t skip it if you want that perfect pickle taste! Happy pickling!

Hey pickle lovers! 🥒🧂 Do you really need salt in pickle brine? I'm trying to cut down on sodium, but I still want delicious pickles. Is there a way to make it without salt? Thanks for any advice! 😊
Salt is essential for pickle brine! It draws out the water from the vegetables and helps preserve them, while also adding flavor.

Hi. In fresh packing (pickling), you are using vinegar, so no salt needed. If you're talking pickling and not fermenting, you don't even need to add salt. 😌😌

Back