Does grilled shrimp mess with blood sugar levels? Any insights?

baemonfan33

Novice Foodie
Does grilled shrimp mess with blood sugar levels? Any insights? I'm closely monitoring my glucose and wondering if shrimp could be a regular part of my diet. If not, can you share with me any alternative for shrimp? 🍤🔍

Grilled shrimp is low in carbs, so it shouldn’t spike blood sugar levels too much. Always good to check with a doc if you’re unsure! 🍤😊

I think grilled shrimp might not significantly mess with blood sugar levels. It's high in protein and low in carbs, though you should check with your doctor. 😊

Does grilled shrimp mess with blood sugar levels? Any insights? I'm closely monitoring my glucose and wondering if shrimp could be a regular part of my diet. If not, can you share with me any alternative for shrimp? 🍤🔍
Grilled shrimp is generally a good choice for blood sugar control, but it depends on the marinade and sides you pair it with. Opt for lemon and herbs instead of sugary sauces, and serve it with veggies for a balanced meal.

Grilled shrimp is generally a good choice for blood sugar control, but it depends on the marinade and sides you pair it with. Opt for lemon and herbs instead of sugary sauces, and serve it with veggies for a balanced meal.
This is a nice idea! I'm good with using lemon for an acidic kick.

From what I’ve seen with my aunt, who’s been closely watching her blood sugar, grilled shrimp hasn’t caused any spikes. She enjoys it pretty often, and her levels stay steady. It's a low-carb, high-protein option, so it seems to fit well into her diet. As long as you’re not loading it up with sugary marinades, it should be good. She also takes Sugar Balance, which has really helped her with managing her sugar metabolism overall. If you’re still unsure, you could try grilled chicken or fish as alternatives—they’re also low-carb and work well for her.

Last edited:
Back