Doughnut Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
45921-crispy-and-creamy-doughnuts-DDMFS-4x3-4266734872014eeebaeddbe56452e18d.jpg

Alright, let me tell you about these amazing doughnuts I tried recently! 🍩 They turned out so fluffy and delicious, I couldn't resist having more than one. Whether you’re craving a sweet treat or planning a cozy brunch, these doughnuts will definitely hit the spot. Here's how you can make them at home!

Doughnut Recipe

Ingredients:

- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast​
- 1/4 cup warm water (about 110°F)​
- 1 cup warm milk​
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar​
- 1/2 teaspoon salt​
- 2 eggs​
- 1/3 cup butter, melted​
- 4 cups all-purpose flour​
- Oil for frying​
- Optional: powdered sugar or glaze for topping​

Instructions:
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.​
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm milk, sugar, salt, eggs, melted butter, and yeast mixture. Mix well.​
3. Gradually add the flour, one cup at a time, mixing until a soft dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.​
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until it doubles in size.​
5. Once risen, roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick and cut out doughnut shapes using a doughnut cutter or two round cookie cutters.​
6. Heat oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (175°C). Carefully fry the doughnuts a few at a time until golden brown on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.​
7. Remove the doughnuts with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. While they’re still warm, you can dust them with powdered sugar or dip them in your favorite glaze.​

These homemade doughnuts are such a treat, and the best part is you get to enjoy them fresh out of the fryer. Trust me, they’ll be a hit with everyone! 😋 Happy cooking!

I've tried these doughnuts before, and let me tell you, they're addictive! 🍩 The dough turned out perfect—soft and fluffy inside with a crispy exterior after frying. Definitely a must-try for any doughnut lover!

Back