Dry Brine Turkey

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! get ready to elevate your holiday feast with a turkey recipe straight from the heart of my dear mom's kitchen! 🍗💖 After learning her secret techniques, I'm excited to share this mouthwatering recipe with everyone! Let's make this holiday season unforgettable with the most delicious turkey ever! 🎉🍽️

Dry Brine Turkey Ingredients:

• 1 (15 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
  • 3 tablespoons kosher salt
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1 onion, cut into wedges
  • 4 stalks celery, halved
Dry Brine Turkey (1).jpg

Directions:

1. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Season the inside and outside of the turkey with kosher salt, paying extra attention to the breast and thighs. Place the turkey, breast-side up, in a roasting pan and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the turkey for about 2 days.
  2. Flip the turkey breast-side down, cover it with plastic wrap again, and refrigerate for about 1 more day.
  3. Remove the plastic wrap and place the turkey on a rack over a baking sheet the night before you plan to roast it. Allow the turkey to air-dry in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
  4. Bring the turkey to room temperature, which should take 1 to 2 hours. Pat it dry with paper towels. Season the turkey with black pepper and place the onion and celery in the cavity.
  5. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place the turkey, breast-side down, in a roasting pan.
  6. Roast the turkey in the preheated oven until the skin is golden, about 30 minutes. Remove the turkey from the oven and flip it to breast-side up. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 2 hours.
  7. Transfer the turkey to a large platter and loosely tent it with aluminum foil. Allow the turkey to rest for about 30 minutes before carving.

🙏 Grateful to my amazing mom for passing down this Dry Brine Turkey recipe, it's a true family treasure! 💖✨ Excited to share the love and deliciousness with everyone around the table! 🦃🍽️ Let's make memories together! 🌟🍗 #FamilyTradition #Gratitude

What a heartwarming tradition to carry on! 🦃💕 Your mom's turkey recipe, passed down through generations, is sure to bring joy and flavor to any holiday feast. I can't wait to try making this mouthwatering dish and create unforgettable memories with loved ones. Thanks for sharing the love and deliciousness from your family's kitchen!

Hey guys! get ready to elevate your holiday feast with a turkey recipe straight from the heart of my dear mom's kitchen! 🍗💖 After learning her secret techniques, I'm excited to share this mouthwatering recipe with everyone! Let's make this holiday season unforgettable with the most delicious turkey ever! 🎉🍽️

Dry Brine Turkey Ingredients:

• 1 (15 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
  • 3 tablespoons kosher salt
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1 onion, cut into wedges
  • 4 stalks celery, halved
View attachment 722

Directions:

1. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Season the inside and outside of the turkey with kosher salt, paying extra attention to the breast and thighs. Place the turkey, breast-side up, in a roasting pan and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the turkey for about 2 days.
  2. Flip the turkey breast-side down, cover it with plastic wrap again, and refrigerate for about 1 more day.
  3. Remove the plastic wrap and place the turkey on a rack over a baking sheet the night before you plan to roast it. Allow the turkey to air-dry in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
  4. Bring the turkey to room temperature, which should take 1 to 2 hours. Pat it dry with paper towels. Season the turkey with black pepper and place the onion and celery in the cavity.
  5. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place the turkey, breast-side down, in a roasting pan.
  6. Roast the turkey in the preheated oven until the skin is golden, about 30 minutes. Remove the turkey from the oven and flip it to breast-side up. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 2 hours.
  7. Transfer the turkey to a large platter and loosely tent it with aluminum foil. Allow the turkey to rest for about 30 minutes before carving.

🙏 Grateful to my amazing mom for passing down this Dry Brine Turkey recipe, it's a true family treasure! 💖✨ Excited to share the love and deliciousness with everyone around the table! 🦃🍽️ Let's make memories together! 🌟🍗 #FamilyTradition #Gratitude
I think pairing your dry brined turkey with aromatic herbs like rosemary, thyme, and sage can add another layer of flavor and aroma that will wow your guests! 🌿🍗

Back