Dukkah-Crusted Shrimp with Spicy Harissa Mayo

Asen1940

Novice Foodie
This recipe is a delicious fusion of Egyptian and Middle Eastern flavors, featuring succulent shrimp coated in a crunchy dukkah crust and served with a creamy and spicy harissa mayo.

Dukkah is a flavorful Egyptian condiment made with nuts, seeds, and spices. It adds a delightful crunch and a complex layer of savory goodness to the shrimp. The harissa mayo provides a cool and creamy contrast with a touch of heat from the harissa paste. It's a truly unforgettable flavor combination!

Plus, this recipe is surprisingly easy to make and perfect for any gathering. You can prepare the dukkah crust and harissa mayo in advance, making it a stress-free appetizer to impress your guests.

Dukkah-Crusted Shrimp with Spicy Harissa Mayo.jpeg

Ingredients:

For the Dukkah Crust:

• 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/4 cup chopped coriander seeds
  • 1/4 teaspoon black cumin seeds
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Shrimp:
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on (or off, depending on preference)
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Spicy Harissa Mayo:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons harissa paste (adjust to your spice preference)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Procedure:
1. Make the Dukkah:

In a food processor, grind together the hazelnuts, almonds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, and allspice until a coarse crumble forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

2. Make the Harissa Mayo:
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, harissa paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

3. Prepare the Shrimp:
In a shallow bowl, whisk together the beaten egg. In another shallow bowl, place the flour.

Dip each shrimp in the egg wash, then dredge it in the flour, making sure to coat it evenly. Dip the shrimp back into the egg wash, then coat it generously in the dukkah mixture.

4. Cook the Shrimp:
Heat enough vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.

5. Serve:
Drain the cooked shrimp on paper towels. Serve immediately with the spicy harissa mayo for dipping.

These Dukkah-Crusted Shrimp with Spicy Harissa Mayo are a unique and flavorful appetizer that's sure to impress your guests! They're easy to make ahead of time, perfect for any gathering, and sure to tantalize your taste buds with the exciting fusion of flavors. So ditch the boring party snacks and give this recipe a try! I have a feeling you'll love the combination of crunchy dukkah, succulent shrimp, and creamy harissa mayo. Let me know what you think!

Hey, that sounds like an awesome matchup! Dukkah-crusted shrimp with harissa mayo? Count me in! OMG fusion - the Egyptian meets with the Middle Eastern food, it is like a flavor blast in your mouth. Plus one extra point for the quick making. This is definitely going on my to-eat list!
What's the spice level like in the harissa mayo? Intrigued to know if it packs a punch. Always down for a little heat with my seafood...🌢️πŸ”₯

Back