Easy Apple Crisp

Bellenjay

Novice Foodie
Hello Pips!!, Here's a delightful dessert that I've personally enjoyed many times. Picture this: a warm, gooey apple crisp straight out of the oven, with a crispy, golden topping that's irresistible. This classic dessert has been a favorite of mine for years, and it never fails to satisfy my sweet cravings. Let me share with you my go-to recipe for this comforting treat!

Easy Apple Crisp
Easy Apple Crisp.jpg

Ingredients:
4 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples (about 4-5 medium-sized apples)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
Pinch of salt

Procedure:

> Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish or pie plate with butter or cooking spray.
> Prepare the Apples: In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until evenly coated. Transfer the seasoned apples to the prepared baking dish, spreading them out into an even layer.
> Make the Crisp Topping: In another bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to incorporate the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
> Top the Apples: Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the apples in the baking dish, covering them completely.
> Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender and bubbling.
> Serve: Remove the apple crisp from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve warm, optionally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.

I hope you enjoy this simple yet satisfying dessert that's become my family's favorite! 🍏🥧

Back