Easy Chicken Pot Pie

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share my go-to recipe for Easy Chicken Pot Pie. It's a comforting and hearty dish that's perfect for cozy family dinners or gatherings with friends. It's simple to make and incredibly delicious—a true crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy this classic comfort food together!
1200×1383
194.6 kB

chickenpotpie.jpg

Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 refrigerated pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk or cream
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the refrigerated pie crust in a pie dish and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, diced carrots, diced celery, and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  4. Gradually pour in the chicken broth and milk or cream, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
  5. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
  6. Add the cooked chicken, frozen peas, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
  7. Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared pie crust.
  8. Place the second pie crust over the filling, crimping the edges to seal. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
  10. Allow the Chicken Pot Pie to cool for a few minutes before serving.
  11. Slice and enjoy this delicious and comforting meal with your loved ones!

Hey everyone! I'm excited to share my go-to recipe for Easy Chicken Pot Pie. It's a comforting and hearty dish that's perfect for cozy family dinners or gatherings with friends. It's simple to make and incredibly delicious—a true crowd-pleaser that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy this classic comfort food together!
1200×1383
194.6 kB

View attachment 2494
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 refrigerated pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk or cream
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the refrigerated pie crust in a pie dish and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, diced carrots, diced celery, and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  4. Gradually pour in the chicken broth and milk or cream, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
  5. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
  6. Add the cooked chicken, frozen peas, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
  7. Pour the chicken mixture into the prepared pie crust.
  8. Place the second pie crust over the filling, crimping the edges to seal. Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
  9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
  10. Allow the Chicken Pot Pie to cool for a few minutes before serving.
  11. Slice and enjoy this delicious and comforting meal with your loved ones!
Hey, what if we added some bacon to this Chicken Pot Pie? Bet it would take it to the next level...💡

This recipe looks like a winner! 🥧😋 I'm all about comfort food, and there's nothing quite like a warm, flaky pie filled with creamy chicken and veggies. Plus, the fact that it's easy to make means I can whip it up on a busy weeknight without a ton of hassle.🍽️👩‍🍳

Back