Easy pumpkin soup recipe 🎃

iwantbulalo🍖

Culinary Explorer
A friend taught me how to make this pumpkin soup, and it's been a favorite ever since. Passing along the knowledge to all you wonderful people on this forum. It's a foolproof recipe that never disappoints. Give it a whirl and thank me later! 🥣👩‍🍳
1200×1680
208.6 kB

Easy pumpkin soup.jpg

Prep: 10m
Cook: 40m
Serves: 4

Ingredients (11)
  • 2 tbsp Coles Classic Olive Oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
  • 1 large potato, peeled, diced
  • 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
  • 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream

Method

• Step 1
    Start by heating oil in a large saucepan on low heat. Add onion and leek, and cook for 2-3 minutes until they become soft but not browned.

643×428 jpg
  • Step 2
    Next, include garlic, coriander, cumin, and nutmeg to the saucepan. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato, and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Afterward, allow it to cool a bit before blending it in batches.

• Step 3
    After blending, return the soup to the pan. Stir in cream and gently reheat the soup. Season it and optionally add more nutmeg according to taste.

Oh, easy pumpkin soup recipe, you're the cozy hug on a chilly evening, warming my soul with every spoonful! 🍲✨

Pumpkin soup is perfect for cozy autumn vibes! Your recipe looks super simple and delicious! Can't wait to give it a try on a chilly evening. Thanks for sharing

Back