Easy Tofu Tomato Pasta With Vegetables Recipe

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Easy Tofu Tomato Pasta with Vegetables

Looking for a quick and healthy dinner option? This Easy Tofu Tomato Pasta with Vegetables is a perfect blend of protein, veggies, and comforting pasta. Let's dive in!
1200×1140
225.4 kB

Easy Tofu Tomato Pasta With Vegetables.jpg

Ingredients:

• 8 oz (225g) pasta of your choice
  • 1 block (14 oz) firm tofu, drained and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
  • Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Instructions:

1. Cook the Pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  2. Prepare the Tofu: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
  3. Sauté Vegetables: In the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add Tomatoes and Sauce: Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried oregano, and dried basil to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  5. Combine Tofu and Pasta: Add the cooked tofu and pasta to the skillet. Toss everything together until well combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Serve: Serve the pasta warm, garnished with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy your flavorful and nutritious meal!

I love how it's packed with protein and veggies, making it a perfect wholesome meal. I’m definitely trying this out for dinner tonight. Has anyone tried adding some spinach or mushrooms to this? I think it would add even more flavor and nutrients. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! 😋🍅🧄

I love how it's packed with protein and veggies, making it a perfect wholesome meal. I’m definitely trying this out for dinner tonight. Has anyone tried adding some spinach or mushrooms to this? I think it would add even more flavor and nutrients. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! 😋🍅🧄
I think adding a mix of colorful veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, and spinach makes it more nutritious and visually appealing. 🌈

I think adding a mix of colorful veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, and spinach makes it more nutritious and visually appealing. 🌈
Definitely recommend it. I once tried adding bell peppers, zucchini, and spinach to a dish, and it turned out amazing! 🥬👌

Hey, this Easy Tofu Tomato Pasta with Vegetables recipe sounds delicious! 🍝🍅 Can't wait to try it for a healthy and tasty meal! 😋🌱

Back