Eggplant Omelet

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
H
Eggplant Omelet.jpg
ey buddies! want to try an easy, healthy and affordable meal? Presenting my Eggplant omelet! not just good for breakfast but for all day! Eggplant Omelet.jpg

So here's the simple recipe for my eggplant omelet:

Ingredients:​

• 1 small eggplant
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk (optional)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese (such as cheddar or mozzarella)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Eggplant:
    • Wash the eggplant and cut it into small cubes or slices.
    • Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. This helps to draw out excess moisture and bitterness from the eggplant.
    • After 15-20 minutes, rinse the eggplant cubes under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. Cook the Eggplant:
    • Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
    • Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
    • Add the eggplant cubes to the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Prepare the Omelet Mixture:
    • In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. If using milk, you can whisk it in with the eggs for a creamier texture.
    • Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Cook the Omelet:
    • Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
    • Once the oil is hot, pour the beaten egg mixture into the skillet.
    • Allow the eggs to cook undisturbed for a minute or two until the edges start to set.
  5. Add the Eggplant Mixture:
    • Sprinkle the cooked eggplant mixture evenly over one half of the omelet.
    • Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the eggplant mixture.
  6. Fold and Serve:
    • Carefully fold the other half of the omelet over the eggplant and cheese filling, creating a half-moon shape.
    • Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts and the omelet is cooked through to your liking.
    • Slide the omelet onto a plate and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
    • Serve hot and enjoy your delicious eggplant omelet!
Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your meal!

Your Eggplant Omelet 🍆🥚 recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I love the idea of incorporating eggplant into an omelet for a healthy and flavorful twist. Plus, it's so versatile - perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Thanks for sharing this easy and affordable meal idea with us. Can't wait to give it a try!

Wow! this is perfect for breakfast. It is easy to cook and for sure my kids will 100% like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe

Back