Falafel Recipe

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and bursting with flavor, these little chickpea patties are a must-try for any kitchen adventurer.

Ingredients:
Falafel Recipe.jpeg

• 1 cup dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans), soaked overnight
  • 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
Instructions:
  1. Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas, then pat them dry with paper towels.
  2. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and baking powder.
  3. Pulse the mixture until it forms a coarse meal-like texture. You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor occasionally.
  4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the flour until well combined. The mixture should hold together when pressed into a ball.
  5. Shape the mixture into small patties, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
  6. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the falafel in batches until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side.
  7. Once cooked, transfer the falafel to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Trust me, once you try making homemade falafel, you'll never go back to the store-bought stuff! It's a fun and rewarding cooking experience, and the result is absolutely delicious. I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy every crispy, flavorful bite! 🥙✨

Falafel is the ultimate flavor bomb! Can't wait to whip up a batch and indulge in some crispy, savory goodness! 🥙🤤

Your falafel recipe looks amazing! Love how crispy and flavorful they appear—perfect for a healthy and tasty meal. Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

In my experience, a good falafel recipe involves pulsing chickpeas with garlic, onion, and a squeeze of lemon juice until just combined, though not over-blending is key to maintaining texture. 🍋🔪

Back