Famous Banana Bread Recipe

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I think I had to share my grandma's famous banana bread recipe. This is my favorite bread of mine since I was a little and I think I had to share my grandma's specialty. 🍞

Ingredients
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. Mash the ripe bananas in a mixing bowl.
  3. Stir in the melted butter.
  4. Mix in the baking soda and salt.
  5. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
  6. Mix in the flour until just combined. Do not overmix.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is perfect for any occasion and as much as I enjoyed making and eating this toasty banana bread, I hope you all do too! Enjoy! 🍞🤤

banana bread.jpg

I can attest that there's a reason this delectable treat is well-known, having had the pleasure of enjoying it previously. Every slice embodies nostalgia and comfort with its naturally sweet, ripe bananas and moist, soft crumb.

I can totally relate to your enthusiasm for banana bread! There’s something incredibly comforting and nostalgic about it, especially when made with ripe, sweet bananas that give it that perfect natural sweetness. The moist, soft crumb is just irresistible.

When it comes to making the perfect banana bread, a few tweaks can make a big difference. One thing I’ve found helpful is to use overripe bananas – the ones with lots of brown spots. They’re much sweeter and easier to mash, which enhances the flavor and texture of the bread.

Another tip is to be careful not to overmix the batter. Once you add the flour, mix just until it’s combined. Overmixing can make the bread dense rather than tender and moist.

Have you ever tried adding a handful of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter? It adds a nice crunch and a bit of extra flavor. Also, if you want to take it up a notch, you can sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before baking. It caramelizes and creates a slightly crunchy topping.

Thanks for sharing your grandma’s recipe! I can’t wait to try it out and maybe add my own little twist. Banana bread is such a classic treat, and it’s always fun to see how different recipes and techniques can make it even better. Enjoy your baking! 🍞🤤

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Banana bread is really one of my favorites and I will definitely learn how to make a good one🍞😅😅

Back