Fennel And Citrus Salad With Mint Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋 I recently tried this Fennel and Citrus Salad with Mint and it’s become one of my favorite go-to salads, especially during warm weather! 🌞 It's super refreshing and has that perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and crunchy. Plus, it's really simple to make! Thought I'd share it with you all in case you're looking for something light and fresh.
Ingredients:
  • 2 bulbs of fennel, thinly sliced (save some of those fronds for garnish!)
  • 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
  • 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced into rounds
  • A handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lemon 🍋
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • A sprinkle of flaky sea salt (optional but highly recommended for that little extra crunch!)
Instructions:
  1. First, thinly slice your fennel bulbs – I like using a mandoline for this to get them super thin and crispy. Toss them into a big salad bowl.
  2. Next, arrange the citrus slices over the fennel. I like alternating the orange and grapefruit slices for a pretty pop of color. 🍊
  3. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over everything. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Toss in the fresh mint leaves (the mint really brings out the flavors, so don’t skip this step!).
  5. Give everything a gentle toss, and if you're feeling fancy, sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top for that added texture and flavor boost.
    Fennel And Citrus Salad With Mint.jpg
That’s it! 🥗 Super easy, but seriously delicious. It’s great as a side dish or even on its own for a light lunch. Let me know if you try it or if you’ve got any variations!

This fennel and citrus salad sounds so refreshing! I love how the mint adds a unique twist. Perfect for a light meal or as a side dish! Can’t wait to try this out—thanks for sharing!

Back