Fig Cake

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delightful treat: Fig Cake! 🍰✨ This cake is moist, flavorful, and topped with a deliciously rich caramel sauce. Perfect for any occasion, it's a sweet and slightly spiced dessert that will impress your family and friends. Ready to bake? Let's get started! 👩‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Ingredients:​

Cake:​

• 1 cup dried figs, chopped (fresh figs can also be used if available)
  • 1 cup boiling water
    1716991634866.png
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Topping:

• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Figs:
    • Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
    • In a small bowl, combine the chopped figs, boiling water, and baking soda. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to soften the figs.
  2. Make the Cake Batter:
    • In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
    • In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
    • Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
    • Stir in the vanilla extract.
    • Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
    • Fold in the softened fig mixture (including the soaking liquid).
  3. Bake the Cake:
    • Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-inch round or square cake pan.
    • Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
    • Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Prepare the Topping:
    • In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
    • Stir in the brown sugar and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly.
    • Remove from heat and stir in the chopped nuts, if using.
  5. Finish the Cake:
    • Pour the topping over the cooled cake, spreading it evenly.
    • Allow the topping to set for a few minutes before serving.

Serving Suggestions:​

• Serve the fig cake warm or at room temperature.
  • It pairs wonderfully with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy your homemade fig cake!

#Figgylicious! 😋 This Fig Cake with Caramel Sauce looks amazing ..Love the combo of figs and gooey caramel! Perfect for a fancy dessert & seems easy to make. Gotta try it! 😍

Your Fig Cake recipe looks absolutely divine! 🍰🌿 I love the idea of incorporating figs into a cake for a sweet and fruity twist. Can't wait to try baking it myself! Do you have any recommendations for selecting the best figs for this recipe, or any tips for ensuring the cake turns out moist and flavorful? Thanks for sharing this delightful treat with us! 🎂✨

While living in rural Spain without an oven I made a brown sugar fig cake in our microwave. It was famously delicious among family and neighbors. This is the closest recipe I've come across but I can't make out how long to microwave it for.

Back