Filipino Egg Roll (Lumpia Shanghai)

DreamingPilgrim

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys! I first tasted Lumpia Shanghai through a Filipino friend and fell in love with it ever since. Now, I've found a perfect recipe for it and would love to share it with everyone. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1710799136846.jpeg

• 1 pound ground pork
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 ½ teaspoons black pepper
  • 1 (16 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
  • ¼ cup water, or as needed
  • 1 ½ quarts oil for frying

Directions​

1. Combine ground pork, ground beef, onion, and carrot in a large bowl; mix well with hands. Gradually blend in soy sauce, salt, garlic powder, and pepper until incorporated.
  2. Working one at a time, lay a wrapper on a flat surface with a corner pointing at you. Place about 2 tablespoons filling in a line, no thicker than your thumb, across the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edges of wrapper with water. Fold the bottom edge of wrapper snugly over filling. Fold in the left and right sides of wrapper towards the center. Roll up tightly to seal in filling.
  3. Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  4. Working in batches, fry lumpia in hot oil, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Cut lumpia in half, or serve as-is with dipping sauce.

Hey, trust me on this! you've got to try these spring rolls with a side of sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce with a splash of lemon, or even banana ketchup. It's a game changer, super yummy!

Hey, thanks for sharing this Lumpia Shanghai recipe! 😍 It looks delicious and seems pretty easy to make too. Can't wait to try it out with some sweet and sour sauce! Appreciate you passing along the recipe! 🙌🏼🍴

Wow, just made these Filipino Egg Rolls (Lumpia Shanghai) following your recipe, and they turned out incredible! 🇵🇭🍤 Crispy, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying—every bite takes me back to my childhood. Thanks for sharing a taste of home with us! Can't wait to make them again! 😋🥢

So nostalgic :love: I remember eating this while visiting Philippines when I was a child. This is perfect matchy if the dip is vinegar with spicy chilis :love:

Back