Filipino Halo-Halo

Luna

Culinary Explorer
Today, I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite Filipino desserts: Halo-Halo! ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿจ

Ingredients:
  • Shaved ice
    halohalo.jpg
  • Sweetened condensed milk
  • Evaporated milk
  • Ube (purple yam) ice cream
  • Leche flan (caramel custard)
  • Cooked sweet beans (red beans, chickpeas)
  • Sweetened banana slices
  • Sweetened jackfruit strips
  • Sweetened macapuno (coconut sport)
  • Nata de coco (coconut gel)
  • Kaong (sugar palm fruit)
  • Tapioca pearls
  • Shredded young coconut
  • Pinipig (toasted rice flakes)
  • Optional: additional fruits like mango, avocado, or strawberries
Instructions:

1. Start by preparing all the ingredients and having them ready to assemble.
  2. In a tall glass or bowl, add a layer of shaved ice.
  3. Top the shaved ice with a scoop of ube ice cream and a slice of leche flan.
  4. Arrange the cooked sweet beans, banana slices, jackfruit strips, macapuno, nata de coco, kaong, and tapioca pearls over the ice cream.
  5. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk generously over the halo-halo.
  6. Sprinkle pinipig on top for added crunch.
  7. Add any additional fruits or toppings you like.
  8. Grab a spoon and mix everything together, enjoying the medley of flavors and textures in every bite!
Halo-Halo, which means "mix-mix" in Filipino, is a delightful dessert that's perfect for cooling down on a hot day or satisfying your sweet tooth cravings. Give this recipe a try and experience the deliciousness of this iconic Filipino treat! ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฅญ

I'm intrigued ๐Ÿง. I've seen a lot of vlogs featuring halo-halo lately. Now, I'm actively searching for a Filipino restaurant to satisfy my curiosity LOL.

I can only imagine the flavours and bright colours of Halo-Halo! In a bowl, this is absolute tropical joy! I appreciate you sharing the recipe. ;)

Back