Filipino Pineapple Chicken Adobo

Xerxes

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! After trying out this incredible dish for the second time, I couldn't resist sharing it with you all. This Filipino Pineapple Chicken Adobo is an explosion of flavors, marrying tender chicken with the tangy sweetness of pineapple and the rich depth of adobo sauce šŸ˜.Without further ado here's how I did it hehe
Ingredients:

• 6 chicken legs, skin-on
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar (preferably cane vinegar)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro or green onions for garnish (optional)
Instruction:

1. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, sliced onion, bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. Add chicken legs, ensuring they're fully coated. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight for a flavor punch.
  2. Heat cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken legs until crispy, about 5-7 minutes per side. Set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, pour in the reserved marinade and pineapple chunks (with juice). Add brown sugar for extra sweetness if desired. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
  4. Return the chicken legs to the skillet, nestling them into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly.
  5. Remove bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve hot over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro or green onions.

Not so pro tip - Experiment with additional veggies like bell peppers or carrots to enhance texture and nutrition. And don't forget to snap a pic for Instagram haha šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
    Filipino Pineapple Chicken Adobo.jpg

Whether you're a fan of Filipino cuisine or simply looking to try something new, this dish is sure to impress with its vibrant and bold flavors. āœØ āœØ

Whether you're a fan of Filipino cuisine or simply looking to try something new, this dish is sure to impress with its vibrant and bold flavors. āœØ āœØ
Yeah it can definitely impress anybody even those people who doesn't like pineapplt in their pizzas i guess, haha JK :)

Back