Flan de Queso (Cheesecake Flan)

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I just tried making this super delicious Cheesecake Flan yesterday morning, and let me tell you, it was a hit! 🎉 The creamy cheesecake flavor mixed with the smooth flan and that sweet caramel topping is just heavenly. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and it’s way easier than it looks! Let’s dive into this delightful recipe.
Flan de Queso.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Start by getting a bowl of ice water ready next to your stovetop. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and 1/4 cup of water over medium-high heat. Use a pastry brush to stir the sugar every now and then, making sure no grains stick to the sides. Keep swirling the saucepan until the sugar melts and turns a beautiful golden reddish-brown, which should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Once it's done, cool the bottom of the saucepan in the ice water to stop it from cooking. Now, carefully divide that delicious caramel into 10 (3 1/2-inch) ramekins and set them aside.
  2. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
  3. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened cream cheese with the eggs on low speed until combined. Then crank it up to medium-high and mix until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and vanilla extract, mixing everything together well. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed, which should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Pour the creamy custard over the caramel in the ramekins, filling them up to about 1/2-inch from the top. Grab a deep baking dish or roasting pan and place a kitchen towel in the bottom. Arrange the ramekins in two rows on top of the towel. Then, carefully pour hot water into the baking dish until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins—just be careful not to get any water in the ramekins! Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake it until the flan is set but still a little wobbly in the center, which should take about 30 minutes.
  5. Once done, carefully take the baking dish out of the oven, remove the foil, and let the ramekins cool slightly. Use tongs to take them out of the water and set them on a towel to cool for at least 2 hours before serving. If you want to make it ahead of time, you can refrigerate the flan for up to 3 days before un-molding and serving.
  6. When you're ready to serve, run a thin knife around the inside edge of the ramekin to loosen the flan. Then, flip it onto a plate, and voilà! You’ve got yourself a stunning dessert that everyone will love.

Trust me, this Cheesecake Flan is totally worth the effort! Can’t wait for you to try it! I hope this captures the personal and friendly vibe you were looking for! 🍰✨

Hey everyone! I just tried making this super delicious Cheesecake Flan yesterday morning, and let me tell you, it was a hit! 🎉 The creamy cheesecake flavor mixed with the smooth flan and that sweet caramel topping is just heavenly. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and it’s way easier than it looks! Let’s dive into this delightful recipe.
View attachment 6415
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. Start by getting a bowl of ice water ready next to your stovetop. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and 1/4 cup of water over medium-high heat. Use a pastry brush to stir the sugar every now and then, making sure no grains stick to the sides. Keep swirling the saucepan until the sugar melts and turns a beautiful golden reddish-brown, which should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Once it's done, cool the bottom of the saucepan in the ice water to stop it from cooking. Now, carefully divide that delicious caramel into 10 (3 1/2-inch) ramekins and set them aside.
  2. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
  3. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the softened cream cheese with the eggs on low speed until combined. Then crank it up to medium-high and mix until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and vanilla extract, mixing everything together well. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed, which should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Pour the creamy custard over the caramel in the ramekins, filling them up to about 1/2-inch from the top. Grab a deep baking dish or roasting pan and place a kitchen towel in the bottom. Arrange the ramekins in two rows on top of the towel. Then, carefully pour hot water into the baking dish until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins—just be careful not to get any water in the ramekins! Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake it until the flan is set but still a little wobbly in the center, which should take about 30 minutes.
  5. Once done, carefully take the baking dish out of the oven, remove the foil, and let the ramekins cool slightly. Use tongs to take them out of the water and set them on a towel to cool for at least 2 hours before serving. If you want to make it ahead of time, you can refrigerate the flan for up to 3 days before un-molding and serving.
  6. When you're ready to serve, run a thin knife around the inside edge of the ramekin to loosen the flan. Then, flip it onto a plate, and voilà! You’ve got yourself a stunning dessert that everyone will love.

Trust me, this Cheesecake Flan is totally worth the effort! Can’t wait for you to try it! I hope this captures the personal and friendly vibe you were looking for! 🍰✨
This Flan de Queso looks so delicious! I love the idea of combining cheesecake and flan in one dessert. It sounds super creamy and sweet, just perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth. I’m really excited to try making this at home! 🍰✨

Back