Flavorful Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Straight from Grandma's Kitchen! ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒถ๏ธโœจ

matchaberry

Culinary Explorer
I recently dug up my grandma's cherished Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, and trust me, it's a taste of pure nostalgia and comfort. If you're craving some authentic Indian flavors that will transport you straight to the streets of Mumbai, then this recipe is a must-try! Here's how to recreate this mouthwatering dish at home:

Ingredients:

• 500g boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces ๐Ÿ—
  • 1 cup plain yogurt ๐Ÿฅ›
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice ๐Ÿ‹
  • 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste ๐Ÿง„
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste) ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
  • Salt to taste ๐Ÿง‚
  • 2 tablespoons oil or ghee for cooking ๐Ÿฏ
  • 1 onion, finely chopped ๐Ÿง…
  • 2 tomatoes, pureed ๐Ÿ…
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk ๐Ÿฅฅ
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish ๐ŸŒฟ
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt.
  2. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, making sure they are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
  3. Heat oil or ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sautรฉ until golden brown.
  4. Add the marinated chicken pieces along with any excess marinade to the pan. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
  5. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
  6. Pour in the heavy cream or coconut milk, stirring continuously, and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
  7. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or naan bread.
This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is bursting with rich, aromatic flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out! Enjoy the taste of India right in your own kitchen!๐Ÿฅ˜

tikka masala.jpeg

Oh wow, this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe sounds amazing! ๐Ÿ˜ I love Indian food, and this recipe seems like a perfect blend of flavors and spices. Can't wait to try making it at home and transport myself to the streets of Mumbai! Thanks for sharing your grandma's cherished recipe with us! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

I've tried this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, and it's seriously good stuff. The blend of spices really shines through, especially the garam masala and turmeric. It's like a flavor explosion in every bite!

I recently dug up my grandma's cherished Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, and trust me, it's a taste of pure nostalgia and comfort. If you're craving some authentic Indian flavors that will transport you straight to the streets of Mumbai, then this recipe is a must-try! Here's how to recreate this mouthwatering dish at home:

Ingredients:

• 500g boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces ๐Ÿ—
  • 1 cup plain yogurt ๐Ÿฅ›
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice ๐Ÿ‹
  • 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste ๐Ÿง„
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1 teaspoon garam masala ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder ๐ŸŒฟ
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste) ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
  • Salt to taste ๐Ÿง‚
  • 2 tablespoons oil or ghee for cooking ๐Ÿฏ
  • 1 onion, finely chopped ๐Ÿง…
  • 2 tomatoes, pureed ๐Ÿ…
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut milk ๐Ÿฅฅ
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish ๐ŸŒฟ
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt.
  2. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade, making sure they are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
  3. Heat oil or ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sautรฉ until golden brown.
  4. Add the marinated chicken pieces along with any excess marinade to the pan. Cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
  5. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
  6. Pour in the heavy cream or coconut milk, stirring continuously, and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
  7. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with steamed rice or naan bread.
This Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is bursting with rich, aromatic flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out! Enjoy the taste of India right in your own kitchen!๐Ÿฅ˜

View attachment 226
Wow, that Chicken Tikka Masala recipe sounds bomb! Gonna try it soon. Thanks for the hookup! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ›

Back