Fluffy Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey fellow foodies,
I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite cake recipes – Fluffy Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting. This cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to dinner parties, and it always receives rave reviews. Plus, it's made with cake flour for an extra-light and tender crumb. Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
For the Vanilla Cake:
  • 2 cups cake flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup buttermilk
For the Raspberry Buttercream Frosting:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3-4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions:
For the Vanilla Cake:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
  2. In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
  6. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
  8. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Raspberry Buttercream Frosting:
  1. In a blender or food processor, puree the fresh raspberries until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds, if desired.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy.
  3. Gradually add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
  4. Mix in the raspberry puree, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until smooth and creamy.
  5. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Assembly:
  1. Once the cakes are completely cooled, place one layer on a serving plate or cake stand.
  2. Spread a layer of raspberry buttercream frosting over the top of the first cake layer.
  3. Carefully place the second cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting.
  4. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
    1712889540531.jpeg
I hope you enjoy baking and indulging in this delightful Fluffy Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting as much as I do! It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Let me know if you have any questions or if you try out any delicious variations. Happy baking!

That sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Fluffy vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream frosting sounds like the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors. Can't wait to give it a try! 🍰

Fluffy vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream frosting? It's a heavenly combination that's sure to dazzle your taste buds! 🍰💖 Indulge in the light, airy cake paired with the vibrant sweetness of raspberry for a delightful treat that's perfect for any celebration!

Wow, that sounds absolutely delightful! 🍰😍 The combination of fluffy vanilla cake and raspberry buttercream frosting is making my mouth water already. Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing! 🎂🍓

Wow, this fluffy vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream frosting looks absolutely delightful! The soft texture of the cake combined with the sweet and tangy raspberry frosting sounds like a match made in heaven. I can't wait to bake this for my family's next celebration—it's sure to be a hit! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. 🍰🍓

Back