French Vanilla and Rum Pastries (Caneles) Recipe

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Good day, everyone. I am truly excited to make you a try at my mom's marvelous program, it is something like French canelé adaptation pastry! The canelé is a pastry that comes from Bordeaux in France and it is known for its remarkable texture: flakey, caramelized layer that lies on a delicate, custardy inside. It is the copy of the old method state; The Cook’s Atelier, fine-tuned it, and this particular recipe adds a touch of French vanilla and a bit of rum. Here's how you can do it in a easy way! 🍮🍶

canele.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups (450ml) milk
  • 3 1/2 tablespoons (50g) unsalted butter
  • 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 1/4 cups (250g) white sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons rum
  • 1 cup (100g) plain flour
  • Cooking spray, for greasing

Instruction:

1.In a small saucepan, combine the milk, butter, vanilla pod, and seeds. Bring to a simmer, then set aside to infuse. Remove the vanilla pod once done.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt until smooth. Stir in the rum. Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk until combined. Gradually add the infused milk mixture, whisking until smooth. Allow the batter to come to room temperature, then refrigerate for 48 hours.

3. Stir the chilled batter gently (it may have separated) before using. Avoid incorporating too much air into the batter. Return to the refrigerator until ready to bake.

4. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Place two 8-hole silicone canelé moulds on a baking tray. Lightly grease 12 of the mould holes with cooking spray. Preheat the moulds in the oven for 5 minutes.

5. Carefully remove the hot moulds from the oven and evenly fill the greased mould holes with the chilled batter.

6. Bake at 220°C (200°C fan-forced) for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 210°C (190°C fan-forced) and bake for another 1 hour, or until the canelés are caramelized on the sides but still soft inside.

7. Remove the canelés from the moulds while hot and let them cool completely on a serving plate. They will firm up as they cool.

Enjoy your new discovered recipe, the French vanilla and rum pastries (caneles)! 🤤🤭

These French Vanilla and Rum Pastries (Caneles) sound like a dreamy treat! 😋 I can almost imagine the aroma filling the kitchen as they bake. The combination of vanilla and rum must give them such a rich flavor. I can't wait to try making them myself! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe with us. 🥐✨

These French Vanilla and Rum Pastries (Caneles) sound like a dreamy treat! 😋 I can almost imagine the aroma filling the kitchen as they bake. The combination of vanilla and rum must give them such a rich flavor. I can't wait to try making them myself! Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe with us. 🥐✨

You're so welcome! Those pastries are gonna be off the charts - bet your kitchen's gonna smell amazing when you bake 'em. Enjoy! 🌟

Back